facebook

MyEclipse UML: Support for other OSes [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

qnob

Hello,

I’m using MyEclipse 4.0M2 under Sun Solaris 9.0 OS. Recently, I liked to make profit of the newly introduced UML capabilities of MyEclipse, but got nicely informed that this feature were not supported for OSes other than Windows and Linux.

What is the schedule for UML support under Sun Solaris? I’m also wondering what’s the matter about this restriction?

Thanks.

Kuno

#233304 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Kuno,

Actually, we don’t *know* that it won’t work under Solaris or other unix platforms. We simply don’t explicitly support Solaris because we don’t have a Solaris box to test on. However, in 4.0M3 we’ll be reducing the scope of the platform check to only deny access on platforms we know won’t work, so you should be able to try the tools on Solaris in the next release. If you do, you’ll likely need to run Eclipse with JDK 1.5, as on Linux.

#233364 Reply

qnob

Thanks a lot for your fast reply

#234780 Reply

nirvdrum

Was this check actually added in 4.0 M3? Running MacOSX 10.4.2 with Java 5 Release 1, I still get the message about UML only working in Windows and Linux.

#234781 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

It definately *will not* run on the Mac, which is why we’re telling you and not letting it run. Support there is dependent on an Eclipse SWT_AWT bug on the Mac that has to be closed first. We allow it to run on OSes where we don’t know it won’t work, like Solaris or Unix etc.

#234792 Reply

nirvdrum

Oh, okay. I guess I was looking to see a different error message. Something along the lines of what you just told me, rather than seeing the old one that says it only works in Windows or Linux.

Thanks for the info though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse UML: Support for other OSes [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in