facebook

MyEclipse Web Project + Spring + Hibernate

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jtolson

Hi ALL,

I am new to newbie with hibernate and I am looking for guidance. I have bought several books and surf the web looking for some answers. I am trying to set up an web application that has a bindirectional key. Sound so simple, however, the session issue with the web is killing me.

I have read there are two ways of solving this problem but I cannot find an example. Also, how would you implement these techniques using myEclipse. Since, it generates code how am I to use this code.

1. Do I use springDAO or basicDAO
    2. Does myEclipse code work better with filters or a static session
    3. Are there example of using myEclipse code working with either + a web project

I feel I understand the problem but how do I work within the tool for a solution?

I can’t be the only one lost here. Or could I?

#280883 Reply

Riyad Kalla

jtolson,
    I think you might be stuck/confused because you might be making the problem harder than it needs to be.

When you rev-eng Hibernate code in MyEclipse, and tell it to generate the POJOs and DAOs for you (you can only choose BasicDAO in a hibernate-only app, you can generate Spring DAOs in a Hibernate/Spring project, but lets stick to basics) and then immediately use them to add/remove/update/get your entities right from the data base.

Have you gone through our Hibernate tutorials on our Educational Materials page:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/module-htmlpages-display-pid-7.html

also you can grab some Hibernate web projects ready-to-use right from MyEclipse > Examples On-Demand menu.

#281099 Reply

jtolson

rkalla,

Is there an example of a web project using spring and hibernate together. I have done the hibernate examples but they are java applications and implementing hibernate in a web application is somewhat different.

#281198 Reply

Riyad Kalla

jtolson,
    Not Spring & Hibernate together in the same webproject, but there are two web projects in EoD that provide Spring and Hibernate separately that might help:

* MyBlogStrutsHibernateExample
    * DWRSpringJPAExample

#285194 Reply

TonyHH
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Web Project + Spring + Hibernate

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in