facebook

MyEclipse Weblogic8.1 startup asking for password

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Sujoy

I tried to find out the problem in the archive but got only one such issue that too with weblogic6.1 and that didn’t answer my problem.
    I am facing an weird problem. when I start weblogic inside MyEclipse the console asks for password.
    —————————————————————————————-
    <Jun 19, 2006 7:43:14 PM IST> <Info> <Security> <BEA-090065> <Getting boot identity from user.>
    Enter username to boot WebLogic server:
    My Application server settings are same as the other guys here and only I am facing this issue. It is working for other colleagues here with the same settings. I am not sure about the versions of the products. My settings are:

ADMIN_PASSWORD=systemsystem
    OPT_LIBRARYPATH1=X\:/bin
    SERVER_NAME=MyServer
    SERVER_ENABLEMENT=true
    POLICY_FILE=X\:\\weblogic.policy
    ROOT_DIRECTORY=Y\:\\weblogic81_sp4\\weblogic81
    eclipse.preferences.version=1
    JDK_HOME=C\:\\ePassApplication\\weblogic81_sp4\\jdk142_05
    STARTUP_DIR=X\:\\Script\\\\
    JDK_INSTALLATION_NAME=EPASS_jdk142_05
    LIBRARY_PATH=”C\:\\ePassApplication\\weblogic81_sp4\\jdk142_05\\bin;Y\:\\weblogic81_sp4\\weblogic81\\bin;Y\:\\weblogic81_sp4\\weblogic81\\server\\bin;X\:/bin”
    BEA_HOME=Y\:\\weblogic81_sp4
    RUNTIME_ROOT_DIRECTORY=X\:\\Script\\\\
    OPT_VM_ARGS=-showversion \r\n-verbose\:gc -Xnoclassgc\r\n-Xmx750m -Xms750m\r\n-Dweblogic.management.discover\=false\r\n-Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled\=true\r\n-Dweblogic.system.periodLength\=60000 \r\n-Dweblogic.rmi.dgc.idlePeriodsUntilTimeout\=15\r\n-Dweblogic.debug.logDGCStatistics\=false\r\n-Dtoplink.license.path\=Y\:\\TopLink363/WebGainTopLink3.lic \r\n-Dtoplink.weblogic.home\=X\:/ORMapping/Epass\r\n-Dweblogic.RootDirectory\=X\:\\Script\r\n-Dweblogic.Domain\=epass\r\n-Dweblogic.ConfigFile\=config.xml.ear
    OPT_CLASSPATH1=X\:/;X\:/lib/jax-qname.jar;
    PREPEND_CLASSPATH1=X\:/lib/Toplink.jar;
    DOMAIN_NAME=
    DOMAIN_DIRECTORY=X\:\\Script\\
    ———————————————————————————————————

The version details are:
    My Eclipse:
    Version: 4.1.1
    Build id: 20060309-4.1.1-GA

Eclipse:
    Version: 3.1.2
    Build id: M20060118-1600

JDK: (Comes with weblogic8.1)
    jdk142_05

Weblogic:
    weblogic81 sp4

XP Pro sp2

I have a valid standard MyEclipse license.

Could you please help me out with this problem?

Thanks,
    Sujoy

#253649 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Strange, Sujoy try and start WebLogic from the command line to make sure it is setup correctly first, once that works, try from MyEclipse again.

#253653 Reply

Sujoy

Yeah I forgot to mention that Weblogic works with command line and I can attach the debugger from MyEclipse. This works absolutely fine. But hot deploy/JSP debugging doesn’t work in that way. So, I wanted to start Weblogic within MyEclipse.
    My other colleagues have the following versions:

Eclipse Platform
    Version: 3.1.0
    Build id: I20050627-1435

MyEclipse JSF Support
    Version: 4.0.0
    Build id: 20050829-4.0.0-GA

JDK: (Comes with weblogic8.1)
    jdk142_05

Weblogic:
    weblogic81 sp4

XP Pro sp2

————————————————–
    So version wise I have the latest version of MyEclipse.

Thanks,
    Sujoy

#253654 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sujoy,
    Can you navigate to your Window > Prefs > MyEclipse > App Servers > WebLogic 8 connector settings. Then make sure your username and password are correct. The default ar e “system” and “password”. It’s possible that your username or password are wrong (maybe you have a space in there somewhere?) and what is happening is weblogic is trying to start up, getting the wrong name/password and is just re-prompting you for it.

#253742 Reply

Hi Riyad,
    That’s not an issue. We all use the same installation pattern and same weblogic PREFS file.
    When I changed that directory to default weblogic’s mydomain directory it started. But that not what I want.
    The execution domain root is different in our installation. We have our own domain. And we have re-written the startup batch file of weblogic.
    How does it work then?

Thanks,
    Sujoy

#253746 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Here is what I would suggest. Have one of your co-workers create a new workspace, then configure WebLogic and make sure it launches. Then you zip up the workspace, move it over to your computer, unzip it and open it. Now try and launch WebLogic, assuming all the paths are the same, did it work? If it didn’t, then something is wrong with your weblogic setup being different from your coworkers and I have no idea what that difference might be.

If it does work, then you set something wrong in your connector settings, again, I have no idea what that difference would be. But atleast at thsi point you’ll know which portion of the puzzle to look at.

#253784 Reply

Sujoy

Hi Riyad,
    Thanks for your suggestion. I did the same. Created a workspace and then created the project. It worked in that m/c. After that I have copied the same workspace in my m/c and it asked for password. The only difference now remains is the Eclipse/MyEclipse version. The point is I have the latest version 4.1.1. My colleague has 4.0.0.
    Weird!!! Well is the any bug related to MyEclipse4.1.1 and Weblogic8.1, JDK1.4.2_5?
    Thanks,
    Sujoy

#253794 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Very strange, actually if anything *you* should have less bugs, we did some cleanup of the connectors in 4.1.1, I’m not sure why it’s asking you.

If your coworkers can zip up his Eclipse and MyEclipse install and give it to you, all the settings are stored in the workspace, so you don’t need to worry about duplicating information. Then fire it up and see if it works.

Sorry for all the manual work, I just don’t know what could have changed.

#253800 Reply

Sujoy

Well Riyad,
    Now I copied the eclipse and myeclipse set up and changed the link file to poin to proper myeclipse install directory. I even checked by clicking the Help link about the version. It was 4.0.0 and 3.1.0. The workspace was the same where it was working. The problem remains the same. It still asks for password.
    Ditto setup in terms of versions but the same problem. Is there any problem with myself? 😉
    Cause the same thing was not working in my earlier machine also. I have changed the machine and still it is not working.
    Any issue with windows persmission when the weblogic tries to access the startup file from a different directory. Or am I doing a very silly mistake? I am really running out of possible reasons.
    When weblogic asks for password even if you provide the same? Should I ask this question to weblogic forum? Any new ideas?
    Thanks a lot for your help Riyad,
    Sujoy

#253807 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sujoy,
    This is very frustrating I’m sorry you are running into this problem and can’t seem to work around it.

Let’s try this, try re-running the WebLogic installer, install a brand new copy of WebLogic to a new directory, C:\Test\WebLogic-8.1 or something, then point your good old (4.1.1) install of MyEclipse at it and try and start it up, does that work atleast?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse Weblogic8.1 startup asking for password

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in