facebook

Myeclipse4.0M2 Connect to mysql database error? It’s a bug?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

zzxxg

Hi,

I also meet this issue,I use myeclipse3.1+myeclipse4.0m2 version. I hope to connect mysql database,but always gives a more descriptive “Error while trying to login to database”. I try to add new driver,it give me a message”Error adding driver :com.mysql.jdbc.Driver”. Anyone have an idea why and What can I do to fix it? Thans a lot!

#231988 Reply

Brian Fernandes

zzxxg,

What version of Java and what OS are you using?

Can you give us details of the driver you’re attempting to use, that should help us determine what’s going wrong.

Brian.

#232062 Reply

zzxxg

Brian ,
    Thans for your attention,I use win2003 server standard edition and jdk1.5.02 .jdbc driver is “mysql-connector-java-3.1.6.zip”. In myeclipse 3.84,connect to mysql is successful.

zzxxg

#233058 Reply

Brian Fernandes

zzxxg,

Sorry for taking so long to respond to your query, I was strangely not informed by the forum system that you had replied.
    Have you resolved the problem?

If I’m not mistaken, I think you are specifying the wrong file when it asks for the driver. If you downloaded the driver from the mysql site, I believe you have to unzip the file and the driver is usually a jar file present within that. If you specify that jar file for New driver, things should work out fine.

Sorry once again for the long delay, please let us know if you have further problems.

Brian.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Myeclipse4.0M2 Connect to mysql database error? It’s a bug?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in