facebook

MyEclipseIDE and FlexBuilder + Java-Spring-Hibernate-BlazeDS

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

John Mattos

Hi there

I’m considering buying MyEclipseIDE for use with a Flex/Java project.

I’ll be using the following products and technologies

Flex –> Via Flex Builder, which I own
    Spring 2.5.5
    Hibernate 3.2.6
    Blaze DS (or Livecycle Data Services, basically the same thing for my use case)
    ANT or Maven

It seems like MyEclipseIDE might be the product to use, but I’m trying it out and I have some questions.

I’ve been able to create a combination Flex/Java Project by way of the Flex Builder Plugin (new–>flex Project –> Make it s Java/Flex Project using WTP and I assume the process from here will be

1. Enable Spring
    2. Enable Hibernate

I havent gotten those two steps to work though.

also, I’m looking for the right way to BUILD my project. I’d like to use the Maven MyEclipseIDE plugin, but it seems like I can only use it if I create a MyEclipseIDE project, and enable the Maven module, which won’t really work for me becuase the Maven build won’t know anything about the Flex App.

Is what I’m attempting even possible with MyEclipseIDE?

#286398 Reply

Riyad Kalla

jmattos,
    It’s hard to say. MyEclipse and it’s tooling functions around it’s own project models, not the WTP project models. We don’t not test with FlexBuilder so I don’t know off hand if there is a way to marry all these tools together in one cohesive fashion.

#286643 Reply

John Mattos

Are there any plans to enable Flex development in MyEclipseIDE?

#286655 Reply

Riyad Kalla

As I mention we don’t test MyEclipse with FlexBuilder. So I’m not even sure what “enable Flex development in MyEclipse” would entail. Maybe the Flex team can enable MyEclipse development? 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipseIDE and FlexBuilder + Java-Spring-Hibernate-BlazeDS

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in