facebook

MySQL Driver Config Assistance

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mattgatten

I know this has been asked a million times. I’m a new JSP/Servlet developer and I have have been deploying my code to Tomcat. (All locally on my laptop). I’ve been able to get my pages to connect to MySQL sporadically by messing with the 4 or 5 different places it lets you add jars/libraries.

What I would like to know is this. Is there a good tutorial on how to install and configure my driver to work on my appserver once my code has been deployed? Specifically, which area of Eclipse/MyEclipse needs to be configured and what it needs to have listed for me to consitently connect to MySQL? It really frustrates me to create a new project and spend an hour trying to search these forums (which do not go into the ‘idiots’ level of detail) for the proper place to add my driver/jar file. 🙂

Thanks in advance,
    Matt

#242054 Reply

Greg

Matt,

Have you read the Database Quickstart located here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/dbexplorer/

Once you have configured this, you need to add a copy of that same mysql driver to the WEB-INF/lib directory of your web project. Your appserver is respondisble for putting everything that is in the WEB-INF/lib directory into the classpath on a deployed webapplication. So to ensure that your web application can access your driver, just copy the driver into this folder.

Then you can add this jar to your project’s build path of your web project. Note, this doesn’t have anything to do with your appserver finding this file, this is just for your project locally.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: MySQL Driver Config Assistance

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in