facebook

mysql driver not found

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

brocoma

Hi,

I’m a new member ( just purchased pro). I’m having difficulty accessing my db from the app. I put the db driver in the ext dir for JAVA. I switched the jdk to one i downloaded from SUN.

driver is: mysql-connector-java5.0.6-bin.jar

Error:java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Am I missing something simple? I’ve done this before and it worked.

Thanks!
    Marc

#272821 Reply

Loyal Water

The problem is you need to copy your driver to the /lib dir of the application server you are deploying to (common/lib for Tomcat). After that the app server will be able to find the driver and fire it up in your app for you.

#273753 Reply

bkearns

I’m not sure if this is the same problem that I am having, but the new connection dialog seems to not validate correctly. If I select MySql from the driver template, immediately I receive a “Driver class not found” and even after filling in the remaining information and selecting “Add JAR” and pointing it to the conector/J jar this validation will not go away. If I do this in another order and first select “Add Jar”, then I get a “No driver name specified” and filling in Driver Name will not cause this validation pass. In either case the finish button is never enabled.

I am using 5.5.0-GA Build ID: 20070514-5.5.0-GA with connector/j version 5.0.7.

#273754 Reply

bkearns

I also tried it with Connector/J version 3.1.14 with the same error.

#273765 Reply

Loyal Water

Can you send me a screen shot of the Database connector driver window with all the values that you have filled in.

#273770 Reply

bkearns

I’ve uploaded the screenshot to http://www.nothingmuch.com/Dialog.jpg As you can see the values should make this pass verification and enable the finish button.

#273772 Reply

Loyal Water

This is wierd. Can you switch to a brand new workspace and try setting up the driver again. Do you still face the same issue ?

#273774 Reply

bkearns

This is a brand new workspace with a brand new installation. I got a new machine and was setting up MyEclipse on it and this was one of the first tasks.

#273809 Reply

bkearns

I created a new workspace as well, and have the same issue.

#273833 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Could you tell me what OS and JDK you are using? Also, what Eclipse version?

I want to ascertain you are using the right JAR file; when you select this JAR file using “Add JAR”, does the driver class name combo get automatically populated? If so, you’re probably using the right file, if not, the JAR is corrupt or invalid (where did you get it from?). I believe the 3.1.x driver should be around 450KB or more.

If you have a valid driver and have filled in all fields, could you try reselecting the driver from the combo box or typing in some other fields to see if that triggers the validation?

Brian.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: mysql driver not found

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in