facebook

need help for free foreign aid app – basic sound question :)

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Please help! I haven’t been developing for some years now and need some assistance which I suspect will be quite simple for you guys! Forgive my naivety (I’m an old old developer from way back).

I am trying to build a free app for language teaching as part of a foreign aid project I am on now.
    I am simply trying to play a 5-10 second sound file when a user clicks a button.
    I have 52 pages each with one associated audio sample (i.e. word of the week).

The “really simple” audio player example by Wayne looks great (thanks Wayne) however I am having trouble replicating (and understanding) it. And I don’t need a full player page with an associated image as the example was designed for. I was kinda hoping it would be as simple as having an On Click event where some basic Java code would play the audio file. Clearly not!

So I guess my questions are….
    * In addition to the On Click event on the button, what are the minimum components required for me to make a button play a sound?
    * Do I store the audio files in the “res” subfolder? and should it have another subfolder within called “media” or “audio”?
    * Can the audio files be played on the app without internet access?

THANKYOU!!!!!!! Happy to pay for assistance if required. Really need help on this ASAP!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: need help for free foreign aid app – basic sound question :)

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in