facebook

Need help setting up LDAP driver

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

johanwa

Hi, it’s been (2) days now trying to get this done.

I have openldap installed on XP and can connect using LDAP Browser\Editor (java based; http://www.iit.edu/~gawojar/ldap), but when I try to connect using the JDBC-LDAP bridge driver (http://www.openldap.org) MyEclipse comes back with the error

Error while trying to login to database : null

I’ve created a new driver entry in Window->Preferences->MyEclipse->Database Explorer->Drivers and made sure my driver is in all the locations possibly required (classpath and .\{jdk install path}\lib\ext).

Do I need to provide more info?

Thanks,
    Johan

#231148 Reply

johanwa

Errors I’m getting:
    !ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer 4 4 2005-06-16 11:34:00.296
    !MESSAGE Error while trying to login to database
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDatabaseMetaData.supportsCatalogsInTableDefinitions(SQLDatabaseMetaData.java:406)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDatabaseMetaData.supportsCatalogs(SQLDatabaseMetaData.java:388)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.DatabaseModel.Ą(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.DatabaseModel.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.SessionTreeNode.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.model.SessionTreeModel.createSessionTreeNode(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.actions.RetrievingTableDataProgress$A.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

#231178 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I will check with our DB dev, but this looks like a problem with the bridge driver’s implementation… hang tight.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Need help setting up LDAP driver

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in