facebook

Need tutorial about Secure Web Services

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

alababi

I need a MyEclipse Tutorial about secure Web Services, I cannot find it anywhere in the Learning Center, or the support forum. If you have the tutorial please send me

#269303 Reply

tomeksz

You can find some articles about WS-Security here : http://xfire.codehaus.org/Articles

#269342 Reply

alababi

Can you give me a more detail tutorial? About encrypting the soap message. Sorry I’m new I need a step by step tutorial.

#269347 Reply

tomeksz

Its really simple.
    All information you need are here : http://xfire.codehaus.org/WS-Security
    You can also check XFire ws-security examples, there is a complete example how to encrypt message.

#269352 Reply

alababi

I read through http://xfire.codehaus.org/WS-Security but cannot catch the idea, for i.e. This session

This WS-Security scenario adds username and password values to the message header. A password can be sent as plain text or in hashed form (depending on "passwordType" property). 

Client side configuration :

protected void configureOutProperties(Properties config)
    {
        // Action to perform : user token
        config.setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.ACTION, WSHandlerConstants.USERNAME_TOKEN);
        // Password type : plain text
        config.setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.PASSWORD_TYPE, WSConstants.PW_TEXT);
        // for hashed password use:
        //properties.setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.PASSWORD_TYPE, WSConstants.PW_DIGEST);
        // User name to send
        config.setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.USER, "serveralias");
        // Callback used to retrive password for given user.
        config.setProperty(WSHandlerConstants.PW_CALLBACK_CLASS, PasswordHandler.class.getName());
    }

The PasswordHandler class is responsible for finding the password for given user name and must implement the org.apache.ws.security.WSPasswordCallback interface.

You can also specify an existing handler instance, using the WSHandlerConstants.PW_CALLBACK_REF property on the client/service instance or MessageContext ( e.g. client.setProperty(new PasswordHandler())).

The WSHandlerConstants.PASSWORD_TYPE property determines how the password will be sent.  If it is set to WSConstants.PW_TEXT, the password will be sent as plain text.  If the value is WSConstants.PW_DIGEST, a password digest will be sent. If no value is set, a digest is used by default..

I don’t know which file to put this method and so on. If you have time please make a simple HelloWorld WS with Soap Message Encryption. Thanks in advance

#269356 Reply

tomeksz

As i wrote before you have working example in /examples/ws-security sample application inside XFire distribution.

#276882 Reply

hbozic
    Participant

As i wrote before you have working example in /examples/ws-security sample application inside XFire distribution.

It would be nice for myeclipse to generate the basic code and configuration for ws-security , just as it generates the basic code and configuration for web services.
    ( this is a feature request )

#276929 Reply

Loyal Water

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Need tutorial about Secure Web Services

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in