facebook

Never-ending 6.5 install via Pulse on Mac OS 10.5.3

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jkratz

This is ridiculous and I hope you guys release a Mac OS installer instead of only making it available via Pulse. I’ve been using MyEclipse since the first version, always on Windows, and have never had any major install issues. Now I have a Mac with 10.5.3 and the first time I try to use the Pulse installer (since its my only option) I have a never-ending install. This Pulse install is supposed to be easier yes? It’s not.

It downloads a bunch of files, then fails with an error, then when I click the install button again it goes and downloads the same files again. Does this thing not store the already-downloaded files so it doesnt have to get them all over again in case of a problem?

The general error is: “an error occurred during provisioning”

The specific error changes each time it seems..this time its:

“the artifact file for com.genuitec.eclipse.aspphp.core/osgi.bundle/6.5.0.zmyeclipse650200806 was not found”

Is the plugin-only install going to give me all of the features because the pulse install is a real pain in the butt.

#286469 Reply

chivo

Also on Mac OS X (10.5.3).

I’ve tried installing MyEclipse 6.5 via Pulse. The install fails every time. And, every time I try to attempt to install again, it starts downloading from the beginning.

Is there a solution for this? Anyone else experiencing this problem?

#286475 Reply

Werner Punz

Same here, I cannot even get it up to download it fails on startup already…
    I never was happy with pulse, but on the mac it seems to be the only option instead of an optional one.

#286523 Reply

Loyal Water

I have reported this issue to the team and they are working on this as a top priority issue to get the reliability of installation fixed as fast as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#286535 Reply

UkiDLucas

Hello, just so you know that I installed 6.5 GA on Mac OSX 10.5.3 and it worked the first time rather well.
    My coworker did that too, and it worked at first, but after having problems with Maven2 not updating the dependencies, tried to re-install it, which started the never-ending cycle of installation described above.

#286563 Reply

Loyal Water

There is a potential fix in place now in production and we are continuing to work the issue for greater reliability. Look for more improvements through today and hopefully rectified by tomorrow.

#286608 Reply

jkratz

Thanks for the quick turn-around on this one guys. I ended up installing the “archive” install (not sure what that means) but it seems to work just fine.

#286760 Reply

brooks_d

I’ve just downloaded the latest version and it failed as the install had no access to the /Library/Pulse/Installer folder – probably because I’m not running as the administrator. Most Mac software prompts for an Id if required…..

I’ve been using MyEclipse for a number of years and never had a problem installing the old way – either on PC, Mac or Linux…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Never-ending 6.5 install via Pulse on Mac OS 10.5.3

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in