facebook

New warning in 2.7 is annoying but not critical

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Larry

Since I upgraded to 2.7 I’ve been getting the following warning.

“Missing ejb-jar.xml deployment descriptor in META-INF folder”

It occurs on all my EJB projects.

I took a quick look around but didn’t see anything in regards to this on the forums.

I got it with Eclipse 2.1.2 and now with 2.1.3. This doesn’t prevent anything from working, it just isn’t consistent with what is actually occuring.

TIA for your assistance.

#205270 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Interesting. Does the warning clear when the project is rebuilt?

#205273 Reply

Larry

no. but i think i have figured out why this occurs.

my source folder isn’t the default “src”…we use “src/java” for whatever reason at this site. in addition, we modified the “deploymentdescriptor” xdoclet param to point the destDir to “classes/META-INF”…same with the jboss.destDir.

therefore we never have the META-INF folder in the “src” folder, which is apparently the only “hardcoded” place that MyEclipse looks for the ejb-jar.xml file.

I tried changing the destDir’s for deploymentdescriptor and jboss doclets to my source folder “src/java”. It produced the META-INF folder and appropriate files “ejb.jar.xml” et al but it still didn’t eliminate the warning.

It seems that the only way to not get the warning is to have the deploymentdescriptor target the “src” folder…(seems wrong).

anyway, thanks for the quick response. you guys are doing a great job.

larry

#205274 Reply

Larry

one more thing. if you do fix this, i would like it to look in the “destDir” folder of the “deploymentdescriptor” doclet parameters if something is defined…else it should look at the source folder (not sure what you would do if someone sets up multiple source folders in eclipse though). probably should always look for ejb-jar.xml in the “output” folder/META-INF that way you don’t have to mess around with all that complexity.

keep in mind that you “can” set up multiple output folders too…(which i’m sure you are aware of).

hope it helps.

#205367 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Presently ME looks in the root of your src folder for the META-INF folder, e.g., <my_project>/src/META-INF. There is a plan and development effort working on providing much more sophisticated flexible project structure. I believe our approach may be to allow a user to set the location as a project property with the current behavior being the default location.

#205368 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

I have added an enhancement request for preference to allow users to enable/disable this and several other error/warning markers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: New warning in 2.7 is annoying but not critical

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in