facebook

No inline markers in JSP editor.

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

vanetten

I can’t seem to get the JSP editor to report errors while editing with Eclipse 3.1 / MyEclipe 4.0M2. With Eclipe 3.0.2 / MyEclipe 4.0M2 I can type inside a JSP and will get the red squiggly underline error under typos, but not in 3.1/4.0M2.

Here is the test case that works on 3.0.2, but not 3.1:

1. Download Eclipse 3.0.2 and MyEclipse 4.0M2 for 3.0 OR Eclipse 3.1 and MyEclipse 4.0M2 for 3.1
    2. Unzip Eclipse and MyEclipse to separate folders
    3. Start Eclipse and create a new workspace, then add Extension Location to 4.0M2
    4. Create a new Java Project and select “Create separate source and output folder”
    5. Add WebProject Capabilities
    6. Rightclick on the project, and choose new->other. The choose MyEclipse->Web->JSP
    7. Change line 5 to “String base Path=null;”

In Eclipse 3.0.2, you will be “immediately” told that this line has an error, but in 3.1 nothing happens.

I’m running Windows XP Pro SP2 and in this case, I created brand new workspaces for each install and did not enter a subscription code.

Thanks,
    John

#232172 Reply

vanetten

@vanetten wrote:

In Eclipse 3.0.2, you will be “immediately” told that this line has an error, but in 3.1 nothing happens.

I should note that saving the JSP will show an error, but not until then. Showing errors while typing is the part that is not working.

Thanks,
    John

#232193 Reply

Riyad Kalla

John we will look into this.

#232415 Reply

vanetten

Riyad,

I was curious if you were able to reproduce this and if its a prioriy?

Thanks,
    John

#232416 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sorry for the delay John, the bug was confirmed and filed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: No inline markers in JSP editor.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in