facebook

No Metadata with Derby

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

trsvax

I tried the database explorer with Derby, I can connect , run sql and see my schemas but I cannot see tables, views or columns. I looked in the .log file and when I click table I get this exception

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer 4 4 Jan 20, 2005 06:26:43.144
    !MESSAGE Error getting table information
    !STACK 0
    com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: Invalid operation: result set closed
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.rc.mb(rc.java:3419)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.rc.c(rc.java:290)
    at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.rc.next(rc.java:277)
    at net.sourceforge.squirrel_sql.fw.sql.SQLDatabaseMetaData.getTables(SQLDatabaseMetaData.java:640)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.dbviewer.model.TableObjectTypeNode.loadTables(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.dbviewer.model.TableObjectTypeNode.getChildren(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.sessiontree.ui.DatabaseContentProvider.getChildren(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer.getRawChildren(AbstractTreeViewer.java:708)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getFilteredChildren(StructuredViewer.java:477)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.getSortedChildren(StructuredViewer.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.AbstractTreeViewer$1.run(AbstractTreeViewer.java:359)

I tried to turn off AutoCommit also in preferences but it appears to still be true in the DB Connection Info window.

Any help would be appreciated.

#223190 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Also please provide version/software info of your DB and JDBC driver. Thanks.

#223193 Reply

trsvax

Mac OS X 10.3
    Eclispe 3.01
    Installed MyEclispe today (fresh install latest version)
    Spindle Plugin
    java version “1.4.2_05”

To Reproduce
    Configure derby driver, create a connection. The schemas show up but when you click to expand table list the above exception is thrown. Derby is working and I can browse the metadate thru a web application I wrote. I have gotten the database browser to work in Windows with DB2 so I think I have things configured correctly. I can run querys and see the schemas so the connection seems to be good.

#223196 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Also please provide version/software info of your DB and JDBC driver.

Please provide this info as well.

#223198 Reply

trsvax

——— Derby Network Server Information ——–
    Version: CSS10000/10.0.2.1 Build: 56458 DRDA Product Id: CSS10000
    — listing properties —
    derby.drda.maxThreads=0
    derby.drda.keepAlive=true
    derby.drda.minThreads=0
    derby.drda.portNumber=1527
    derby.drda.logConnections=false
    derby.drda.timeSlice=0
    derby.drda.startNetworkServer=false
    derby.drda.host=localhost
    derby.drda.traceAll=false
    —————— Java Information ——————
    Java Version: 1.4.2_05
    Java Vendor: Apple Computer, Inc.
    Java home: /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Home
    Java classpath: :/usr/local/derby/lib/db2jcc.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/db2jcc_license_c.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/derby.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/derbynet.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/derbytools.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/mill.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/db2jcc.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/db2jcc_license_c.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/derby.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/derbynet.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/derbytools.jar:/usr/local/derby/lib/mill.jar
    OS name: Mac OS X
    OS architecture: ppc
    OS version: 10.3.7
    Java user name: bfb
    Java user home: /Users/bfb
    Java user dir: /usr/local/derby
    ——— Derby Information ——–
    [/usr/local/derby/lib/db2jcc.jar] 2.4 – (17)
    [/usr/local/derby/lib/db2jcc_license_c.jar] 2.4 – (17)
    [/usr/local/derby/lib/derby.jar] 10.0.2.1 – (56458)
    [/usr/local/derby/lib/derbynet.jar] 10.0.2.1 – (56458)
    [/usr/local/derby/lib/derbytools.jar] 10.0.2.1 – (56458)
    [/usr/local/derby/lib/db2jcc.jar] 2.4 – (17)
    [/usr/local/derby/lib/db2jcc_license_c.jar] 2.4 – (17)
    [/usr/local/derby/lib/derby.jar] 10.0.2.1 – (56458)
    [/usr/local/derby/lib/derbynet.jar] 10.0.2.1 – (56458)
    [/usr/local/derby/lib/derbytools.jar] 10.0.2.1 – (56458)

#223262 Reply

support-jeff

This is most likely an auto-commit issue – Cloudscape/Derby has known issues with this. You say you turned it off in preferences, but did you also turn it off when opening a new connection? You can do this by editing the connection profile to prompt for a password. When you attempt to connect the next time, you should see a dialog popup that allows you to uncheck auto-commit.

Also, if the above does not fix your problem, what is your connection URL? Is this a thin-driver connection?

#223267 Reply

trsvax

It was a commit problem. I had auto login on but when I turn it off and turn off auto commit when I connect it works. The db connection info also now shows auto commit off

Thanks
    Barry

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: No Metadata with Derby

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in