facebook

No Syntax Highlighting and unable to create part error.

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

david-garcia

Hallo,

im using Eclipse 3.1 and MyEclipse 3.8.2 on Windows XP. I have two problems probably caused by the same reason. The first is that there is no syntax highlighting for jsp’s and the second is that in the moment i create a new html file eclipse opens a window and says: “unable to create part.”. I’m a newbie in using MyEclipse so please forgive if this problem is simple and forgive me for my bad english, too.

Thanks

David

#230575 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

im using Eclipse 3.1 and MyEclipse 3.8.2

This is an unsupported configuration. ME 3.8.2 will only run on Eclipse 3.0.X. You can try out MyEclipse 3.8.4 for Eclipse 3.1M7 (I know RC1 is out already). See the MyEclipse download area for access to this version.

#230581 Reply

david-garcia

Okay. now i have installed MyEclispe 3.8.2 with Eclipse 3.0.0. But it doesn’t work…..
    Now i get error messages when i create a new webproject:

The selected Wizard could not be started.

Plug-in com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core was unable to load classcom.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.ui.wizard.NewWebProjectWizard.

With any other projecttyp this happens too.

David

#230585 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Try adding the -clean flag to your commandline that launches MyEclipse. This flag instructs Eclipse to clear any old cached state and recognize newly installed feature and plugins.

#230603 Reply

david-garcia

no this hasn’t effect anything. But well no i downloaded the latest release of MyEclipse EnterpriseWorkbenchInstaller_030804_3.1M7Beta.exe and ………. it doesn’t work. The Installer says that my Eclipse Installation is not the correct version. But I have the Version 3.1. Please help me I’m very interested in developing j2ee applications with this cool tool. But how it seems MeEclipse doesn’t like me.

Regards

David

#230604 Reply

david-garcia

Here is my .eclipseproduct

name=Eclipse Platform
    id=org.eclipse.platform
    version=3.1.0

#230606 Reply

Riyad Kalla

David,
    I would encourage you to stop using the Milestone/Beta builds of Eclipse/MyEclipse if you don’t need them, as far as why the installer wouldn’t work it’s because that release of MyEclipse is specifically for the Eclipse 3.1M7 release (during milestone builds of Eclipse their API changes, so we actually have to cut specific builds of MYEclipse, it’s a bit of a pain).

I would encourage you instead to download Eclipse 3.0.2 (Latest stable release) and MyEclipse 3.8.4 (For Eclipse 3.0.x from our Downloads section) and use that setup instead to get a well tested and smooth experience.

#230628 Reply

david-garcia

Yes that works fine. Thank you Riyad.

#230801 Reply

aconnell

I’m also having the “unable to create part” problem. It happens when I try and open a jsp or html page in their myeclipse editors. I have the latest stable version running – on Red Hat 7.2

Eclipse:
    Version: 3.0.2
    Build id: 200503110845

MyEclipse
    Version: 3.8.4+QF2

Thanks in advance
    Alan

#230808 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Alan,
    This could possibly be a GTK issue, try and check your log file <workspace dir>\.metadata\.log for exceptions… what I would suggest is shutting down MyEclipse, erasing the existing log file, then starting it back up and trying to open a problomatic file. Did it work? If not, check the log file and paste the contents here.

Also you can try using the -clean command line parameter as outlined here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/FAQ+index-myfaq-yes-id_cat-30.html#343

#230838 Reply

aconnell

Here is the error message below. I also tried it with clean and get the same…. /usr/eclipse/eclipse -clean &
    I have a hunch it might have to do with where stuff is on the file system…

eclipse is at /usr/eclipse
    myeclipse is at /usr/myeclipse
    my workspace is /home/aconnell/workspace

thanks again

!SESSION Jun 09, 2005 14:55:03.292 ———————————————
    eclipse.buildId=M200409161125
    java.version=1.5.0_03
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Jun 09, 2005 14:55:03.293
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: “org.eclipse.core.runtime”.
    !STACK 0
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreRTException: Invalid Eclipse Base Version.
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.D.ā(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.D.Ą(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.D.Ă(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.C.ā(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.C.ā(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.C.Č(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.C.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ViperCore.Ċ(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ViperCore.Ċ(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ViperCore.ċ(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.ViperCore.isLicenseValid(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.vU.ā(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.core.vU.A__111164asdfae2342fa(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.integration.Integrator.vU1(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.sse.editor.StructuredTextEditor.init(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.addPage(MultiPageEditorPart.java:117)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner.htmleditor.HTMLMultiPageEditorPart.createSourcePage(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner.jspeditor.JSPMultiPageEditorPart.createSourcePage(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner.htmleditor.HTMLMultiPageEditorPart.createPages(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:187)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane$2.run(PartPane.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:616)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createChildControl(PartPane.java:133)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createControl(PartPane.java:205)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:939)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:921)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.setSelection(EditorStack.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.setVisibleEditor(EditorStack.java:200)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibleEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:338)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.openEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:268)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$4.run(EditorManager.java:694)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:683)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openInternalEditor(EditorManager.java:790)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:582)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:570)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2244)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2177)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$6(WorkbenchPage.java:2169)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2156)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2151)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2134)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenWithMenu.openEditor(OpenWithMenu.java:258)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenWithMenu.access$0(OpenWithMenu.java:251)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenWithMenu$2.handleEvent(OpenWithMenu.java:166)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:954)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2595)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2298)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1377)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1348)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:254)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:141)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)

#230841 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ok before we get too far off center let’s do a quick sanity check. Please go download Eclipse 3.0.2 SDK (~85mb) and MyEclipse 3.8.4 GA for Eclipse 3.0.x, Then install them to ~/temp (yes ~ home dir).

Then fire up the new install of Eclipse and use the workspace dir of ~/temp/eclipse/workspacedir and start it up. Now create a new Web Project with a new JSP page, can you open it?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: No Syntax Highlighting and unable to create part error.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in