facebook

Not Displaying any tables from database while mapping !

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ghazalawahid

I am following the hiberante quickstart. While customizing hibernate.cfg.xml ,after adding JDBC Driver to the classpath,when i map the files ,its not showing any tables from schema,just displaying SessionManager.java. I am using JDBC OBBC BRIDGE(MS Access) Database.

#247227 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Do you mean after clicking “Finish”, you expect to see something, but instead are just staring at the SessionManager source code?

If you check your source directory, the mapping files (hbm.xml) should have been created.

#247235 Reply

Ghazalawahid

I am at the step of quickstart where it ask to select url,dialect (Hibernate configuration screen). i also did not find any matching dialect for ODBC data source.When i click add to map tables ,it displays only SessionManager.java whereas in quickstart its displaying tables e.g Bonus,etc.

#247243 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Hi,

The Add button in the hibernate configuration editor does not reverse engineer tables in from database. All it does is allow you to add existing mapping files to your configuration.
    This is mentioned in section 5.3, figure 8.

To reverse engineer tables, you have to open up a connection in the DB browser, and use the “Create Hibernate Mapping” context menu option available when you right click on a table.
    Details of this process are present in section 5.4.

Let us know if you require further clarification,
    Best,
    Brian.

#247277 Reply

Ghazalawahid

Hi,

Thanks for help.Now i have another problem.I am writing Test client as in quickstart,but when i type import net.sf.hibernate.*,it says cannot resolve to a type.Its also not displaying file name when i type net.sf. ,instead its displaying net.sf.ehcache.hibernate.*

#247279 Reply

Riyad Kalla

You probably added Hibernate3 capabilities, in which case the package hierarchy is org.hibernate.*, it is no longer net.sf.*

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Not Displaying any tables from database while mapping !

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in