facebook

NullPointerException on Updating Maven Configuration

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Kent

I have been seeing the following error when I attempt “Maven4MyEclipse” > “Update Project Dependencies”

——————————————————————————–
    Updating Maven Configuration has encountered a problem

An internal error occurred during: “Updating Maven Configuration”,

An internal error occurred during: Updating Maven Configuration”. java.lang.NullPointerException
    ——————————————————————————–

Any ideas what the problem might be?

#311683 Reply

support-joy

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Can you answer below queries ?
    1. Can you copy and paste your installation details? Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details.
    2. Can you open .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log and look for relevant issues logged.
    3. Do you see anything in the problems tab?

#320700 Reply

gb2010
    Participant

I created a webapp project with Maven using the archetype:

mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.myapp -DartifactId=myapp -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp

I then imported the application in MyEclipse 9.1 and encountered this error when trying to update the project configuration. The stack trace in MyEclipse (myWorkspace/.metadata/.log) was as follow:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2011-10-26 11:16:00.199
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Updating Maven Configuration".
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.maven.project.MyEclipseProjectSupport.findWebRoot(MyEclipseProjectSupport.java:204)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.maven.project.MyEclipseProjectSupport.configureWebProject(MyEclipseProjectSupport.java:71)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.maven.project.MyEclipseProjectSupport.configure(MyEclipseProjectSupport.java:57)
        at org.maven.ide.eclipse.project.configurator.AbstractLifecycleMapping.configure(AbstractLifecycleMapping.java:57)
        at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.GenericLifecycleMapping.configure(GenericLifecycleMapping.java:48)
        at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:332)
        at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.updateProjectConfiguration(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:318)
        at org.maven.ide.eclipse.actions.UpdateSourcesAction$1.runInWorkspace(UpdateSourcesAction.java:93)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

I solved the project by adding “Web Project Capabilities” to the project in MyEclipse, pointing to the webapp directory created by Maven during the project creation and answering “No” to change the target directory for the classes.

#320705 Reply

support-swapna

gb2010 ,

Glad that it is working.
    Do let us know if you have any other issues.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: NullPointerException on Updating Maven Configuration

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in