facebook

OCI Driver Oracle 10g – Unable to connect using MyEclipse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Dear Support Team,

I am using

MyEclipse Evaluation Version 5.5.1 GA
    Eclipse 3.2.2
    Oracle 10g
    OCI Client Version for Vista 10.2.0.3
    Tomcat 6.0

I am using the Oracle Database for the first time with MyEclipse and am able to connect to the Oracle database using the Thin Driver but am unable to do so using the OCI driver.

I have gone through the posts on various forums but have not found a clear step by step process.

1. Setting ORACLE_HOME in the Path – I have done that.
    2. Copying ocijdbc10.dll to ORACLE_HOME/bin – I get java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\oracle\product.2.0\client_1\bin\ocijdbc10.dll: Can’t find dependent libraries
    3.I am using ojdbc14.jar

If possible, I am looking for a stepwise process to do the same.

Thank you in advance,
    Shardul.

#273204 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Shardul,
    I’m assuming you are setting up the driver for the DB Explorer in MyEclipse (correct if I’m wrong). The trick is when using the OCI driver, to be able to allow the driver to find the DLL that the OCI driver needs.

I searched Google on how to do this and came up with this post:
    http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=234614 (3rd post down). It looks like some environment varialbes are necessary for the driver to find the DLLs.

#273701 Reply

amirz002

Hi,

I was able to connect Oracle using OCI drivers, but the same problem i.e Generating artifact with the same error messages, still persists, when I’m following the instruction from the hibernate tutorial. Please help me out,

Ateeq.

#273704 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ateeq,
    When that happens can you pop open your log file (<workspace dir>\.metadata\.log) and look down near the botom for exceptions related to the artifact generation failing? Normally the JDBC exact message will get logged and can help us figure out what died.

#273742 Reply

amirz002

Hi,

I re-installed myeclipse and that error was nowhere to be found. I guess may be eclipse version was incompatible with myeclipse in some way then,

Ateeq

#273881 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ateeq,
    I’m glad it’s working now.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: OCI Driver Oracle 10g – Unable to connect using MyEclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in