facebook

Oracle Connection Doesn’t Diplay Expected Schema Tables

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mork
    Participant

When I create an Oracle thin connection to our Oracle database in MyEcipse 7’s Database Perspective, I see a bunch of tables, but none of them are our actual data tables (there should be 30 that aren’t being shown).

However, when I create a connection using the EXACT same login, SID, etc. in SQL Developer (from Oracle) all the expected tables are there.

Any ideas why this could be happening?

I really want to reverse engineer an ERD using MyEclipse, but as my luck has it, I don’t se the tables in your tool.

Please help.

Thanks.

– M

#294521 Reply

Loyal Water

Mork,
    This could be a driver issue. Can you take a look at this FAQ:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/db-problems-accessing-oracle-database/

What version of the driver are you working with?

#294539 Reply

Mork
    Participant

I’m using the Driver that’s part of the Database Perspective in MyEclipes 7.

Are you saying your product is shipping with out of date drivers?

The problem happens when I use the database perspective in MyEclipse 7 to connect to an Oracle database. I only see some of the tables, but not the main data tables.

— M

#294604 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Mork,

No versions of MyEclipse have included database drivers for anything other than Derby, we certainly do not ship drivers for Oracle.

What is the exact name of the perspective you are switching to? It should be “MyEclipse Database Explorer” and contain the “DB Browser” view in which you can create a new driver. If you attempt to create a new driver, you are presented with a template for Oracle (if you select it from the combo), but you need to provide the driver JAR yourself.

If you follow the link Nipun posted and use a recent driver, things should work. Please let us know what driver version you use and what Oracle server version you’re attempting to connect to.

Hope this helps.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Oracle Connection Doesn’t Diplay Expected Schema Tables

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in