facebook

Oracle JDBC Driver

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Douglas M Hurst
    Participant

I’m using MyEclipse 6.0 and Oracle 9i. I’m attempting to reverse engineer some Oracle tables. I’ve done this successfully with MySQL, but with Oracle I’m receiving the following error:

“Generating artifacts error. Could not generate a list of tables from database. Probably a JDBC driver problem.”

I’m using ojdbc5.jar

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Using MyEclipse Database Explorer, I can open and see tables in this database, but again, cannot reverse engineer hibernate POJOs.

I’ve also tried ojdbc6.jar, but I think Oracle has reworked the drivers for 6… If I read their README file correctly.

#276692 Reply

Loyal Water

This is mostly a driver problem. Can you try the tip given here:-
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/db-problems-accessing-oracle-database/

#276696 Reply

Douglas M Hurst
    Participant

No good. I reverted to ojdbc14.jar… which, according to Oracle is soon to be dropped from support.

I was using the new ojdbc5.jar as I said in my original mail. Neither seems to work effectively. Again, it’s not a matter of connecting or querying the database, only the reverse engineering with Hibernate.

Unfortunately I can’t copy/paste from the screen that’s displayed.

#276761 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Douglas,
    When the failure occurs, if you go to <workspace dir>\.metadata\.logfile and open it, and scroll to the bototm, the full text for the exception that occured should be there explaining what happened.

Please paste it here for us to take a look at.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Oracle JDBC Driver

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in