facebook

OracleXE

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

FergusonEnt

Has anyone successfully configured OracleXE under MyEclipse ?

#257103 Reply

FergusonEnt

A little additional info …I have OracleXE installed locally ( c: drive under c:\oraclexe ) …from command line it starts up fine.

I am using Eclipse 3.2 with MyEclipse 5

The NLS param IS set

Under my Eclipse Windows\preferences\MyEclipse\Application Servers\Oracle AS entry tab I am specifying my Oracle AS “home” directory as c:\oraclexe …I provide my admin password and leave the Host:ORMI port as is …when I try and start OracleXE from the Eclipse “Application Servers” list it complains “unable to access jarfile oc4j.jar” ….since this jar is not ( as far as I can see ) distributed with OracleXE I am not sure if pursuing this missing jar is the correct path.

Thanks.

#257119 Reply

Haris Peco

Ferguson,

Oracle XE work fine in MyEclipse.You have ojdbc14.jar in jdbc\lib (from your oracle base installation or search file
    ojdbc14.jar – not oc4j.jar).
    Except this, you can download jdbc driver from otn.oracle.com (choose download, other and you will find jdbc drivers).Oracle jdbc 10 have bug with some locales and you can have issues if you use non-english locales.

When you find jdbc driver you need set url to jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE (if MyEclipse and oracle are in same machine or change host name ‘localhost’ to your host name)

Please, check quickstarts/tutorials in MyEclipse help

Thanks
    Peco

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: OracleXE

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in