facebook

Overridding Collection Type /w Hibernate backed JPA Rev Eng

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

chapter2

This message has not been recovered.

#277288 Reply

Riyad Kalla

#277313 Reply

chapter2

#277330 Reply

Brian Fernandes

#279568 Reply

Tom

I’ve run into the same problem, and have a couple questions:

1) The Java API states that the HashSet “makes no guarantees as to the iteration order of the set”.

I’ve never used HashSet in a table entity and maybe I don’t understand the API explanation correctly (I’ve always used List). It sounds like if a developer iterates over a Set populated from the database, the order might be be the same as that fetched from the database.

Isn’t that a big problem? Why would MyEclipse generate a HashSet for JPA purposes?

Not a gripe…just want to make sure I understand all the implications before I go ahead and use the generated entity code using Set collections.

2) I searched for the “.vm” files described in the possible solution, but found only a set of files archived into a .zip file. Are those the files I would need to modify? Would the modified files need to be extracted from the archive and placed into another location?

Thanks,
    Tom

#279569 Reply

Tom

Sorry, typo correction. I meant to say it sounds like the order “might NOT” be the same as that fetched from the database.

Tom

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Overridding Collection Type /w Hibernate backed JPA Rev Eng

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in