facebook

%perspectivename [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mvincelette

DB explorer perspective is listed as “%perspectiveName”, and contains views like “%connectionInfoViewName” and “%resultViewName”.

I have similar problems with the “debug” perspective. Is there something I can do to fix this? I can’t find any similar complaints, but I can’t imagine what I did to cause this to happen.

#212012 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue, a configuration problem, or a bug. Thanks.

#212016 Reply

mvincelette

– System Setup ——————————-
    Operating System and version: Windows XP
    Eclipse version: 3.0.0
    Eclipse build id: 200406192000
    Fresh Eclipse install (y/n): y
    If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager? MyEclipse 3.8B2 and Spring were upgraded using updater. I also followed the GEF fix: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-2915.html
    Other installed external plugins: Spring
    Number of plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory that begin with org.eclipse.pde.*: 8
    MyEclipse version: 3.7.200
    Eclipse JDK version: j2sdk1.4.2_04
    Application Server JDK version: j2sdk1.4.2_04
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? See below

!SESSION Aug 13, 2004 14:10:53.578 ———————————————
    eclipse.buildId=I200406192000
    java.version=1.4.2_04
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: eclipse.exe

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi Aug 13, 2004 14:10:53.578
    !MESSAGE While loading class “org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.console.ConsoleDocument$ConsoleLine”, thread “main” timed out waiting (5000ms) for thread “Worker-2” to finish starting bundle “org.eclipse.team.cvs.ui”. To avoid deadlock, thread “main” is proceeding but “org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.console.ConsoleDocument$ConsoleLine” may not be fully initialized.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.Exception: Generated exception.
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseClassLoader.findLocalClass(EclipseClassLoader.java:102)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findLocalClass(BundleLoader.java:371)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:402)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.adaptor.core.AbstractClassLoader.loadClass(AbstractClassLoader.java:93)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.console.ConsoleDocument.getLines(ConsoleDocument.java:78)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.console.CVSOutputConsole.dump(CVSOutputConsole.java:140)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.console.CVSOutputConsole.access$1(CVSOutputConsole.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.team.internal.ccvs.ui.console.CVSOutputConsole$1.run(CVSOutputConsole.java:108)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:106)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:2709)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2401)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1375)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1346)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:252)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:141)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:272)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:128)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:186)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:647)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:631)- System Setup ——————————-

– Message Body ——————————-

#212081 Reply

Paul
    Participant

I’m having the same issues, except it appears to effect quite a bit of the myEclipse stuff. Windows – Preferences – MyEclipse lists:

%org.jboss.ide.eclipse.xdoclet.core.ui.MainPreferencePage
    %preferencePage
    Application Servers
    Editors
    Hibernate
    J2EE
    Subscription

If I expand Application Servers above, I get a list of the following
    %menu.label
    %menu.label
    %menu.label
    … and on and on …

Expanding say the top one brings up the Bejy Tiger Server config page, but a few labels are still wrong.

Java 1.4.2_03
    Eclipse 3.0.0, build 200406251208
    MyEclipse installed freshly at 3.8b1, upgraded to 3.8b2
    One other plugin installed, pyDev.

Thanks, Paul.

#212083 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Paul,

Thatus usually because you installed the Eclipse Platform release instead of the Eclipse SDK (about 80MB) so lots of the Java infrastructure is missing. However, if it was working before I’d suggest shutting down, deleting the <eclipse-install>/configuration directory and restarting.

#212110 Reply

mvincelette

That worked for me. Thanks.

#212113 Reply

Paul
    Participant

Deleting the configuration directory worked.

#212114 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

That’s what I was waiting for — two responses that they’re “good to go”. I’ll close this one out then. Thanks for the followup!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: %perspectivename [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in