facebook

Portlet projects aren’t recognized on Maven checkout

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Udo Held
    Participant

After checking out a maven portlet project MyEclipse doesn’t recognize the current project as a portlet project.

One has to right click on the project -> MyEclipse -> Add Portlet Capabilities. Afterwards one has to go through the wizard. This wizards adds some libraries to the pom.xml and adds some unwanted entries in the web.xml.

The portlet project is a war project. We didn’t check in any “.*” files in like .classpath, .project, etc..

It would be great if Maven4MyEclipse would recognize the portlets automatically. Is it at least possible to enable the portlet support without modifying the other project files?

Without enabling the portlet features I cannot deploy the project to my development WebSphere Portal within MyEclipse.

Kind regards
    clavis_uhe

#322082 Reply

Brian Fernandes

clavis,

Can you send us the original pom.xml file of the portlet project you checked out? This is an important use case, of course, as we would like to have your project set up as a portlet project directly on check out instead of having additional steps to perform as you have specified.

You can PM me or mail the file in to support@genuitec.com with a link to this thread.

#322211 Reply

Brian Fernandes

clavis,

Seems like I was remiss in not mentioning receipt of the file here. The problem here lies in detecting the fact that this is a Portlet project, something which we may have to do based on the Portlet specific dependencies in the POM.

I’ve filed this as a bug, I’m targeting this as a lower priority fix for 10.1, if it does not land in 10.1, we’ll put it in the release post that.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Portlet projects aren’t recognized on Maven checkout

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in