facebook

Posting for George: No foreign keys

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Scott Anderson
    Participant

When I generate a script that creates the table from the table, I get no foreign key constraints generated. Am I doing something wrong?

Posted for a user that had trouble posting. Please reply to thread.

#230172 Reply

Riyad Kalla

When I generate a script

You wrote a custom script?

that creates the table from the table

I don’t understand this.

Am I doing something wrong?

Can’t tell yet, I have no idea what you are trying to do.

#230181 Reply

support-jeff

I think what the user is saying is: “When I right-click a table in the DBX Browser, and select ‘CreateTable Script’, the script generated in the SQLEditor contains no constraints that are defined on the table in the database.” Is this the case?

Regardless, this is a bug that has been in the DBX plugin forever it seems. The action generating the script takes a seriously simplistic approach (no constraints, except for PK, and then only for simple one column PK). I will file in bugzilla.

#230197 Reply

@support-jeff wrote:

I think what the user is saying is: “When I right-click a table in the DBX Browser, and select ‘CreateTable Script’, the script generated in the SQLEditor contains no constraints that are defined on the table in the database.” Is this the case?

Regardless, this is a bug that has been in the DBX plugin forever it seems. The action generating the script takes a seriously simplistic approach (no constraints, except for PK, and then only for simple one column PK). I will file in bugzilla.

Yes Jeff. That is exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Posting for George: No foreign keys

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in