facebook

Problem doing JSP debuggin with Tomcat 4.1.31

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

everbright

Hi,

I’ve just started using MyEclipse 4.0 GA for my Java web project development. I’m now trying to set-up JSP native debugging for Tomcat 4.1.31. The Tomcat server is on the same machine as the MyEclipse installation.

I’ve successfully set-up the application server and verified that this is correct by starting the server from MyEclipse’s interface.

I then created a simple web project, added a index.jsp page with some simple out.println statments, and a few break-points at some of the staements. I then deployed the project onto the Tomcat server.

When I hit the URL to the index.jsp page however, MyEclipse did not prompt me to go into Debug mode, and the breakpoints were all ignored. 😯

Any ideas what I might be missing here? Thanks!

#239935 Reply

everbright

Hi,

I’ve tried to set-up Weblogic 8.1 to determine if it’s something to do with the MyEclipse set-up itself, or if the problem is Tomcat specific.

Same observations on Weblogic 8.1. The breakpoints were ignored. So looks lke it’s something I’m missing for MyEclipse set-up?

#239948 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Please see this thread, which asks the same question, for the answer:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-9082-highlight-tomcat+jsr045+debugging.html

#239996 Reply

everbright

Ok. I see. Thanks for the tip!

Does Weblogic 8.1 support the standard, or do I need a different version as well?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Problem doing JSP debuggin with Tomcat 4.1.31

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in