facebook

Problem on Mac with German Keyboard

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

brychcy
    Participant

Hi, thanks a lot for this plugin!

I noted a small issue:

With a German Mac Keyboard, you normally have to press Option+Shift+7 to create a backslash.
    But the Copilot4Eclipse plugin binds Option+Backslash to “Show completions”, so no backslash is created if i try that.

Interestingly enough, to generate a “[“, you have to enter Option+5 and this works even though there is a binding Option+[ for “Previous-Completion”

Current Workarounds: copy-paste backslashes, temporarily switch keyboard layout, alter eclipse key bindings.

#699154 Reply

wayne

Thanks for this feedback. I have created a bug in our tracking system. We will be looking to improve this experience in the next update.
    Regards,
    Wayne

#699276 Reply

wayne

Something to consider is rebinding keyboard short-cuts to better match you keyboard and editing style.

You can change keybinding from the Eclipse “Keys” preference page.
    1. From the Eclipse workbench select Windows menu > Preferences. This will open the Preferences Dialog.
    2. Next select General
    3. Select Keys
    4. In the filter field enter Copilot to narrow the data presented to only Copilot4Eclipse commands and bindings.

This article provides some guidance for managing Eclipse keybindings: https://dzone.com/articles/how-manage-keyboard-shortcuts

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by wayne.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #699804 Reply

wayne

We just released the 1.0.0 version of Copilot4Eclipse that I’m hoping resolves the keybinding issue you reported.
    Details here
    Please share if the update resolves your network issues.
    Wayne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Problem on Mac with German Keyboard

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in