facebook

Problem with Create Hibernate Mapping

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

dhopkins_uta

I have recently installed MyEclipse on an existing Eclipse installation that we previously used for php. I am experiencing the same problem with the options to create hibernate mapping not being available. Here are the details of my installation:

Eclipse: 3.0.1
    MyEclipse: 3.8.4+QF2
    JDK version: 1.4.2

Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse? No.

Are any other external plugins installed? PHPEclipse, JBoss, JUnit

How many plugins in the <eclipse>/;plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.*?
    org.eclipse.pde.build_3.0.1
    org.eclipse.pde.core_3.0.1
    org.eclipse.pde.doc.user_3.0.0
    org.eclipse.pde.junit.runtime_3.0.0
    org.eclipse.pde.runtime_3.0.1
    org.eclipse.pde.source_3.0.1
    org.eclipse.pde.ui_3.0.1

What steps did you take that resulted in the issue?
    I was working through the MyEclipse Hibernate Quickstart using my own database and project names. Before that I worked through the Database Explorer Quickstart in order to set up a profile for my database.

Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? Where are the log files?

-Darlene

#229174 Reply

dhopkins_uta

@dhopkins_uta wrote:

I have recently installed MyEclipse on an existing Eclipse installation that we previously used for php. I am experiencing the same problem with the options to create hibernate mapping not being available. Here are the details of my installation:

How many plugins in the <eclipse>/;plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.*?
    org.eclipse.pde.ui_3.0.1

I was working through the MyEclipse Hibernate Quickstart using my own database and project names. Before that I worked through the Database Explorer Quickstart in order to set up a profile for my database.

-Darlene

Is there a solution or workaround for this?

-Darlene

#229200 Reply

dhopkins_uta

@dhopkins_uta wrote:

@dhopkins_uta wrote:

org.eclipse.pde.ui_3.0.1

-Darlene

Is there a solution or workaround for this?

-Darlene

The contents of the log file are as follows:

!SESSION May 05, 2005 13:39:00.867 ———————————————
    eclipse.buildId=M200409161125
    java.version=1.4.2_05
    java.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=ppc, WS=carbon, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -keyring /Users/darlene/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:00.871
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/css_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:01.03
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/forms_lists_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:01.86
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/html_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:01.145
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/htmlform_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:01.237
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/javascript_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:01.309
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/jsf_f_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:01.388
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/jsf_h_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:01.455
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/struts_bean_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:01.565
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/struts_html_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:01.689
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/struts_logic_snippets.xml

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards 1 1 May 05, 2005 13:39:01.771
    !MESSAGE Installed snippet library: /Applications/MyEclipse/eclipse/plugins/com.genuitec.eclipse.wizards_3.8.4/snippets/struts_tiles_snippets.xml

#229206 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Darlene,
    I’m sorry for the delay in answering your question, sometimes the system doesn’t correctly mark “unread messages” for us and we can miss 1 or 2.

I am experiencing the same problem with the options to create hibernate mapping not being available. Here are the details of my installation:

It is a little hard to know exactly what you mean here. You mentioned that you had gone through our Database Explorer quick start guide, were you successful with all of that? Did everything function correctly?

Also you mentioned you are using an Eclipse setup that was previous used for PHP development, so I imagine you have phpEclipse installed. Did you also install DB Explorer or Squirrel SQL Plugin during the time you were doing PHP development? I ask this because these plugins may be conflicting with the functionality that MyEclipse provides.

#229216 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Riyad,

Darlene followed up by email with this:

Do I need to add a posting or is it sufficient for me to say here that when I was attempting to complete step 5.3 in the quickstart, I did not see the specified choice in the contextual menu?

#229221 Reply

dhopkins_uta

I did not have DB Explorer or Squirrel SQL Plugin installed. There are some other posts that elaborate further on this. In the Hibernate quickstart, at step 5.3, I did not see the items mentioned in the contextual menu, so I could not create the Hibernate mappings.

#229246 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Darlene,
    Sorry for the delay, I have asked our Mac OSX dev to go step by step through the tutorial to see if he can duplicate the problem you are having. But given how swamped we are right now it might take a day for him to get back to us.

#229353 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ok the Mac dev went through all the steps and did not have any problems. Can you try a *fresh* install of Eclipse and MyEclipse with a brand new Workspace just for sanity sake? Let’s rule out all possibilities…

#229400 Reply

dhopkins_uta

I reinstalled Eclipse, then I reinstalled MyEclipse. Everything seemed to work as it should. I set up a JBoss 3 application server and a Tomcat 4 application server. I began working through the Hibernate quickstart until I got to step 5.2, Adding Hibernate Capabilities to HibernateDemo Project. I stopped here because I had not set up any database profiles. I stopped and moved to the Database Explorer quickstart and created two profiles – one for my database on my local machine and one for the database on our server.I worked through this tutorial up to step 5. I then returned to the MyEclipse Hibernate quickstart, step 5.2. I began working through the Hibernate wizard, selecting the profile I created for the database on my local machine. Other values were the defaults as specified in the quickstart. I select “Finish” and the necessary jars, etc. seem to be added to the project. This brings me to step 5.3 Creating a Hibernate Java Table Mapping. I opened the MyEclipse Database Explorer perspective, open a database connections by right-clicking on the profile. I select a table, right-click on it and the options with which I am presented are Generate Select in SQL Editor/Create … Script/Copy Name – the same results I was getting in the old installation. Is there some configuration option I missed or could there be something to look for in the configuration of my machine or the database that I should look at? (I really want this to work – I’m new to Eclipse and Hibernate, so it’s very possible I simply haven’t set something up just right. I just don’t quite know where to look.)

Thanks for your help.

-Darlene

#229471 Reply

dhopkins_uta

One of the other developers working with me also has a connection set up to a SQLServer database, and all of the menu options show on that database, but not on the connection to the FrontBase database, so the problem seems to have something to do with the FrontBase driver. The SQLServer driver was built into MyEclipse and we had to add the FrontBase driver. I’m not sure what plan of action this might indicate, but it does seem to be a database-specific problem.

#230756 Reply

dhopkins_uta

Is there no solution?

_Darlene

#230770 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Darlene,
    I was not notified by the forums of ANY of your last 3 replies, I’m sorry. Looking into this now.

#230794 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Darlene,

We’re looking into this issue now – I have a few questions.

1) You mentioned the SQLServer database – was that database set up on the same machine and MyEclipse installation that Frontbase isn’t working on?
    If not, can you try connecting to the SQLServer database on your MyEclipse installation and see if you still get the “Generate Hibernate Mapping” option?
    You could go a step further and try setting up Frontbase on the other dev’s machine too.
    Can you try the above on a Windows machine?

2) I know you’ve followed the Quickstart, but there are details specific to your installation that I need to see –
    Can you enumerate the contents of all the fields in both the “Edit Driver” wizard – (Step 4.1 in the Database Quickstart) and also all the fields in the New Profile Wizard (4.2).
    Alternatively, you can take screenshots and send them to support@genuitec.com ATTN Brian.

#2 above is not so important becuase you wouln’t be able to connect to the database if the Driver or Profile set up was borked. But we don’t have a Frontbase database to connect to, so I’m going to need all the info at hand.

I’m going to look at the code now for other reasons for the missing item.

We appreciate your patience; sorry it took so long to get your queries attended to,

Brian.

P.S: ME 4.0m1 had several changes where hibernate was concerned. There is a chance that this issue may not exist in 4.0m1, so it is worth a shot. Please note that we do not reccommend 4.0m1 for production use just yet.

#232595 Reply

dhopkins_uta

I had given up on a response on this one. I will answer part of your questions, but I will have to get back into things for some of the answers, so I may have to send another reply later.

1.) Yes, the developer was referencing both of the databases in one installation of Eclipse. He got the menu option for SQLServer and not for FrontBase.

I will gather the answers to #2 and let you know. I’m not sure what the status of my installation is right now so it may take a bit of investigation.

Thanks for your reply.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Problem with Create Hibernate Mapping

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in