facebook

Problem with DB2 in mainframe OS/390 and DBTools and JPA

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’m facing on issue with DBTools to get the table columns… I’m receiving one error that told me the problem is in the JDBC driver, although we decompile the IBM driver and did some tests. And with tests we could see that the stored procedure are there and responding, but the catalog always came as empty. The most interesting is that I can get connected, do selects, see the datas although when I’do have use the reverse engenering it don’t simple work, and if I do the entitys and DAO without the DBTools, I can’t get connected as well.
    My app server is JBOSS 4.2.2 and the Data Source is created as usual.
    The DB2 version is 8.1.
    I dont know where look for answers anymore, because on IBM site, they don’t mention about JDBC type 4 issues on 8.1 version.
    Someone can help me ?
    Thanks in advance.

#285908 Reply

Loyal Water

Since the error suggests a driver problem, I guess you can try using a different build version of the driver that your already using.

Can you paste the error message here for me.

#285917 Reply

Here is the error message:
    An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.
    Could not get list of tables from database. Probably a JDBC driver problem.
    Configured schema:PMESP
    Configured catalog:null
    Available schemas:
    <SQLException while getting schemas>
    Available catalogs:

And I’m using the latest driver provide from IBM, I did the download again today and re-tested.

#285933 Reply

Loyal Water

We based our DB tools on the JDBC specification, and if the driver is returning an empty list for the schemas there has got to be something wrong with it, so when that information gets back to the DB tools it has the wrong information.

#286162 Reply
    #286163 Reply

Sorry here are the links!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Problem with DB2 in mainframe OS/390 and DBTools and JPA

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in