facebook

Problem with Matisse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

wkla

This message has not been recovered.

#277500 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Willie,
    We have a fix for these graphical glitches covered in the FAQ (I’ll get the link if we need it), but the best thing to try is to upgrade your video drivers.

The graphical wonkiness is born out of incorrect behavior by your graphical driver and the D3D accelerated rendering pipeline in Swing. If upgrading your video driver fixes it, that’s the best way to fix the issue.

2nd best is to disable the D3D acceleration and last way is to try and run with Java 6… but they are preferred in that order for a reason, so let’s try updating the video card driver first.

#279500 Reply

MirecXP

Hi
    I have the same problem.
    I’ve updated my video driver to the latest one, but it did not help.
    I don’t know how to disable 3D, software bundled with the driver does not support something like this (is there some general way how to do it?)
    I started myeclipse using 1.6, the problem with distorted graphics is solved, but no popup menu is shown when i right click in the form. (the popup just blink for a very short moment and disappears).
    What to do ?!
    When will Matisse become really stable and usable ? Please !
    Regards
    Miro

#279501 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Miro,
    I should have posted this before, but you’ll want to move back to using 1.5 to run MyEclipse, and try and use this tip to disable D3D:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-display-is-corrupted-or-garbled/

#279517 Reply

MirecXP

Thanks!
    This one works: -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

#279524 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Good deal, glad to hear it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Problem with Matisse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in