facebook

Problem with Update + Proxy

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

humbfdljr

I’m trying to install the updates in MyEclipse, but the update begins and it never ends (the conection at my university is 100 Mbps).
    At the Maven Console I got this:
    23/06/09 8h38min11s BRT: Unable to update index for central http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/

I’m using proxy.

#299747 Reply

support-joy

I would recommend you to set your proxy details here. Click on Window > Preferences > Pulse > Network Settings.
    Enter proxy settings and Choose Communications Tuning as either Maximum compatibility or Native Java network connectivity.

Let me know if it works for you.

#299768 Reply

humbfdljr

I thought the setting were at Windows->Preferences->General->Network Conection.
    Now I changed my proxy setting at Pulse->Network Setting, but that didn’t solved my problem.

The “Performing Updates…” reaches 12% and it stops. =S

#299771 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Since it’s making it to partially through the downloads it seems that the proxy might not be the issue. The problem might just be general slowness in the Eclipse mirror network as Eclipse 3.5 is replicated (that’s going on today) as well as the load
    on our download servers due to the 7.5 release.

To get around all that I’d suggest you try downloading the MyEclipse 7.5 “all-in-one” installer for your platform. The ‘all-in-one’ installers don’t need to use the Internet for any downloads so they bypass any transient network slowness issues.
    Please install 7.5 into a different location than 7.1 so you can test it easily. Once you’re happy with it you can run the uninstaller for 7.1 if you like. Please let us know if you run into any other issues or have any further questions.

#299777 Reply

humbfdljr

I’ll download MyEclipse 7.5.
    Thanks ^^

#299784 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Excellent. Should be much smoother for you, especially today and tomorrow. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Problem with Update + Proxy

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in