facebook

Problems loading MyEclipse tools

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mharley

I just installed the updated 4.0.0 of MyEclipse and have run into several problems when trying to use it.

First some background info:
    Eclipse version 3.1.0 build: I20050627-1435
    MyEclipse: version 4.0.0 build: 20050829-4.0.0-GA

No other plug-ins installed in this implementation.

I opened Eclipse with the -clean option. I created a brand new workspace and Web project. I added Spring Capabilities and had the IDE create a new Spring config file. When I try to open the Spring confg file, the environment reports several errors (which I cannot entirely read), then it creates an editor tab with the Spring config filename listed, but no editor shows up. The errors reference a package from IBM but the error text is cut off, so I cannot read it in its entirety.

After reading through several of the forum entries, I found some other references to Spring issues related to missing jar files. Thus, I went into the Window | Preferences | MyEclipse to check on paths for the Spring jars. The Spring paths *do* appear correct – at least they are pointing at valid files. However, when I tried to open the SQL configuration editor I recieved the following error:

Unable to create the selected preference page.

Reason:
    Plug-in com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer was unable to load class
    com.genuitec.eclipse.sqlexplorer.preferences.SQLPreferencePage.

I am wondering if the two problems might be related? Bad build? etc. Please let me know what other information you may require from me.

Help me Obi-Wan! You’re my only hope!

Thanks!

Mike Harley

#236761 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Mike,
    First let me thank you for providing your build IDs, I would add that even though your Build IDs look correct, these types of issues you are reporting are most definately install issues, and sometimes it can be the smallest/silliest thing that causes the problem, so let’s try running down some more common causes:

1) When you installed Eclipse, did you use the SDK download (~100mb) or did you use the RCP/Platform or JDT installs? You need to use the SDK for MyEclipse to function correctly.
    2) What JDK do you have installed that is being used to run Eclipse? (Type java -version at a console)
    3) Are you using any command line arguments to start MyEclipse? We atleast suggest: -vmargs -Xms128m -Xmx256m
    4) If you open up your <Eclipse install dir>\plugins directory, do you have any plugin dirs that start with com.ibm.wtp.* or com.ibm.sse.*?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Problems loading MyEclipse tools

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in