facebook

problems running myeclipse 7.5 on ubuntu

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cutout33

Hello,

I am having problem installing and running myeclipse 7.5 on ubuntu 9.04 I tried it out on two machines one with fresh install of ubuntu, am using myeclipse 7.5 pulse installer (all in one).

my problems that it is not stable and just encouters too many problems from the unabillty to create a new projects to failing writing the output on the console. it also keeps missing it is resources like the icon images in the menues represented as red square…

Please it is very important to me to work on ubuntu, does anyone have any idea to make running?

Thanks in advance.

#301415 Reply

support-joy

cutout33,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. It is not clear if you were able to install MyEclipse 7.5 or you are facing issues after install. Since you have pulse. I will recommend the following. Open pulse-explorer. If you have a pulse login, you can use that or you can also login anonymously. Next you will be directed to the explorer page. Expand “My Profiles”, it should list you “MyEclipse 7.5”. Right click on “MyEclipse 7.5” and from the context menu click on [Re-install and run]. Pulse will automatically fix any dependency errors.

If the above doesn’t work, I would recommend you a clean re-install. Follow the below steps –
    1. Run the uninstaller.
    2. Make sure the MyEclipse Install Directory has been completely removed – \Pulse or \Genuitec
    3. Then make sure the pulse2.locator file under is erased as well

Next download the manual installer from the MyEclipse download page. It’s listed as option #5. This is simply Eclipse 3.4.2 with MyEclipse installed off an archived update site that is included in the download. Simply unzip it and run ‘eclipse.exe’ and you’re done.

Let me know how this works for you.

#301446 Reply

cutout33

Hello,

Am using Ubuntu so I tried to download the linux manual install, I did it twice and it is 1.35 GB and the archive is corrupted. and am very unhappy with the result is’nt there a torrnet or something more reliable than your http link!

please replay am not able to start my work.

#301449 Reply

cutout33

Hi again,

Finally it downloaded successfully and it seems to work fine. sorry for inconvenience.

Thanks.

#301459 Reply

support-joy

cutout33,

Good to hear you are all set.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: problems running myeclipse 7.5 on ubuntu

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in