facebook

problems with ME 4.0 download [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

airframes

Hi,

I tried to download ME4.0GA for three times, but:
    – the download stops when the file reaches 74.6MB, like it was been successfully downloaded
    – when trying to execute this file, the instalations crashes, displaying a message like: “wrong magic number. download another copy and try again”.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Miranda.

#236850 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Miranda,

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having an issue. What browser are you trying to use? Are cookies enabled? Are you trying to use a “download accelerator”? Are you running any sort of internet security program (Norton IS, etc)? Can you try a different browser?

The reason I ask is that we literally have thousands of successful downloads each day off our servers so the issue is likely some sort of local configuration.

#236886 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Miranda,
    We had a similar problem with 1 other user about a year ago and it turned out he was behind a web proxy that was caching an incomplete copy of the exe, so every time he tried to download it from our site, he ended up re-downloading the corrupt copy from the web proxy he was behind. This might be something similar in your case.

#237063 Reply

airframes

I tried under Windows, IE 6, with Antivirus disabled, no download managers, no proxies.
    I’m trying again, but before I cleaned all offline content, and explicitly enabled IE6 configurations to accept cookies from myeclipseide.com.

Thanks,
    Miranda.

#237070 Reply

airframes

The download worked after cleaning offline contents and enabling cookies for myeclipseide.com.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: problems with ME 4.0 download [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in