facebook

Progress on 4.0?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

John Parker

So, the ol’ progress bar on 4.0 is still at 45%, as it has been for many weeks…

Are you making no progress, or just no updates to the progress indicator? Some of us would like to know…

#227892 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Are you making no progress, or just no updates to the progress indicator? Some of us would like to know…

If we were to redefine “no progress” to mean “Working 12 hours days to delivery 4 new major features in a timeline that most would consider rediculous and the last thing on our minds is updating that status bar” then yes, we are definately making “no progress”. 😉

I’ll as our sys admin to have a look at that status bar and give her a good kick 🙂

#227899 Reply

dipak_parikh

Does that mean, we can expect 4.0 release by mid-april as mentioned at EclipseCon 2005 on March 01, 2005?

Also, “Status bar” is the first and only thing for us to know the progress, unless we post a message here and read the response(and response is clear enough).

#227901 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Does that mean, we can expect 4.0 release by mid-april as mentioned at EclipseCon 2005 on March 01, 2005?

It is sliding towards late April because we don’t want to cut some of the big ticket items, we would rather run a longer beta and get them in. I know that we don’t want to slip past April though. Bear with us while we pound away…

Also, “Status bar” is the first and only thing for us to know the progress, unless we post a message here and read the response(and response is clear enough).

Understood, I realize my post (bad attempt at humor) sounded like it was invalidating the user’s question, I didn’t intend it to. Our users, as you pointed out, have no other way of knowing how things are going. I asked our sys admin to talk to management and update it at their earliest convenience, sorry about the lag.

#228760 Reply

vbfischer

Don’t mean to sound stupid but…

What “Status bar”?

#228764 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Don’t mean to sound stupid but…

What “Status bar”?

Hit the home link at the top of this page, and then expand all the groups on the front page, there is one near the bottom that has the current status displayed with status bars.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Progress on 4.0?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in