facebook

Project Dependencies do NOT contribute to WEB application

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kbottner

Problem:

Web project A depends on a regular Java project B for classes that support general functionality. Project B is marked as a dependency in the Project A project dependencies. When the Project A Web application is deployed to a local server through Eclipse everything works, but when the Web application is Exported into a WAR the dependent Project B files are NOT included and hence the deployed web application does not work. I have looked at all of the settings I can think of but no matter what I select Project B files never get placed into Project A’s WAR even though it is marked as a dependency.

Any solutions out there?

Keith

#284759 Reply

Loyal Water

Keith,
    Have you tried deploying to custom location ? Does the project A deployment include Project B files?

#284769 Reply

kbottner

Deploying to a custom location seems to work fine. The only change I had to make was that Project B had some taglibs and I had to move the .tld file into a WEB-INF directory in the src folder so it would be copied into the web application appropriately. (Oh, and I also had to update my web.xml to the name of the project jar that is generated automatically for the tld integration.)

Thanks for the info!

#284770 Reply

Loyal Water

Your Welcome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Project Dependencies do NOT contribute to WEB application

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in