facebook

Project deployment running slower with latest updgrade

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gmichel

What operating system and version are you running?

Windows XP Prof

What Eclipse version and build id are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform)

Eclipse Platform
    Version: 3.0.0
    Build id: 200406251208

– Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse?

Yes

– Are any other external plugins installed?

No

– How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.*

What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features)

Version: 3.7.200
    Build id: 200407091200-3.8-Beta2

What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? (java -version)

j2sdk1.4.2_02

What JDK version are you using to launch your application server?

j2sdk1.4.2_02

What steps did you take that resulted in the issue?

Deployed project as war file

What application server are you using?

jakarta-tomcat-5.0.18

Since you require this info, could you please have a form that saves this data and that I can change as needed for each post. I would prefer not to have to do this every time I have a problem. Really!

I have to point out that the project deployment is running much slower since I upgraded to the latest version of MyEclipse. About 4 times longer.
    Is this a known issue? Was something changed?

Also, I would prefer to be able to deploy to an external server rather than running my own ant script to make this so. Making ant do ftp is not optimum.

Thanks,

George

#210784 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I have to point out that the project deployment is running much slower since I upgraded to the latest version of MyEclipse. About 4 times longer.
    Is this a known issue? Was something changed?

I will check on this.

Also, I would prefer to be able to deploy to an external server rather than running my own ant script to make this so. Making ant do ftp is not optimum.

There is quite a long thread on this here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-2835-start-0.html
    Short answer: There is no way for us to create a generic “deploy to remote server” feature, so this won’t happen any time soon.

#210922 Reply

gmichel

There is quite a long thread on this here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-2835-start-0.html Short answer: There is no way for us to create a generic “deploy to remote server” feature, so this won’t happen any time soon.

I really have no interest in a philisophical discussion. This is simply sine quo non functionality.

#210925 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Hi George,

As Riyad acknowledged we will evaluate deployment performance on our end. Technically there have been no major internal changes in the deployment implementation between ME2 and ME3. I’m curious if you have noticed other performance problems running Eclipse3 (E3). E3 has larger RAM footprint requirement than E2. Are you launching ME3 with default heap settings (e.g., -Xm and -Xms) or other and does your machine do a lot of swapping during normal development?

Re: remote deployment we have discussed this topic off and on a number of times internally. There are non-technical issues that have been a barrier to us providing such a feature (sorry its philisophical in nature). I have added your comments to an open enhancement thread for this topic.

Regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Project deployment running slower with latest updgrade

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in