facebook

QuickFix installation issue? [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Paul
    Participant

I had the Spring plugin installed briefly w/ 3.8.1, and was having some weirdness. Anyone else have any issues w/ the two co-existing? Specifically, the workspace wasn’t shutting down properly, would throw an exception in the console.

To the ME guys, thanks for the effort.

#213224 Reply

Greg

What exception are you seeing? There is a known issue in the 3.8.1 release with an exception logged to the console on shutdown of the workspace (The class “com.ibm.wtp.common.ui.UITesterImpl” cannot be loaded…). It is a harmless exception and doesn’t affect anything. The workspace is shutting down correctly if this is the only exception you see. If you are seeing another exception please post it here along with the information in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL].

#213285 Reply

Paul
    Participant

That is the exception I am getting on closing eclipse.

However, I’ve now noticed after placing the quickfix in that I have another problem. On trying to create a new web project (normal java project is fine), I go through the wizard, on clicking the Finish button the following in an error box pops up. Clicking OK returns me to the wizard.

!NewProjectCreationWizard.op_error.message!

org/jdom/JDOMException

I started a new log file w/ eclipse closed, started eclipse, attempted to create a web project, and closed eclipse. The contents of that minus the harmless exception discussed above are below.

!SESSION Aug 24, 2004 10:51:47.937 ---------------------------------------------
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.4.2_03
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_US

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.ui 4 10001 Aug 24, 2004 10:51:47.938
    !MESSAGE Internal Error
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:316)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:253)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:752)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.wizards.NewElementWizard.performFinish(NewElementWizard.java:115)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:609)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:305)
        at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:506)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:954)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2595)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2298)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:668)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:648)
        at org.eclipse.ui.actions.NewWizardAction.run(NewWizardAction.java:163)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.NewWizardDropDownAction.run(NewWizardDropDownAction.java:128)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:881)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:915)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:866)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$8.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:824)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1377)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1348)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:254)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:141)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:96)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:183)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:644)
        at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:628)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEProject.createMetaProjectModule(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEProject.saveMetaData(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.builder.WebProjectBuilder.basicCreate(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.builder.WebProjectBuilder.create(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.ui.wizard.NewWebProjectWizard.finishPage(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.wizards.NewElementWizard$2.run(NewElementWizard.java:108)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.BatchOperation.executeOperation(BatchOperation.java:34)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelOperation.run(JavaModelOperation.java:700)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1673)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.run(JavaCore.java:3246)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.actions.WorkbenchRunnableAdapter.run(WorkbenchRunnableAdapter.java:65)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:303)
        ... 38 more
    Root exception:
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEProject.createMetaProjectModule(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.builder.WebProjectBuilder.basicCreate(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.builder.WebProjectBuilder.create(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.ui.wizard.NewWebProjectWizard.finishPage(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.wizards.NewElementWizard$2.run(NewElementWizard.java:108)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.BatchOperation.executeOperation(BatchOperation.java:34)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.JavaModelOperation.run(JavaModelOperation.java:700)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:1673)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.core.JavaCore.run(JavaCore.java:3246)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.actions.WorkbenchRunnableAdapter.run(WorkbenchRunnableAdapter.java:65)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:303)
        at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:253)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:752)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.ui.wizards.NewElementWizard.performFinish(NewElementWizard.java:115)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:609)
        at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:305)
        at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:506)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:668)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:648)
        at org.eclipse.ui.actions.NewWizardAction.run(NewWizardAction.java:163)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.NewWizardDropDownAction.run(NewWizardDropDownAction.java:128)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:881)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:915)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:866)
        at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$8.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:824)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1377)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1348)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Aug 24, 2004 10:51:47.963
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.runtime".
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdom/JDOMException
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EEProject.renameAs(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.J2EECore.projectAddedOpenedOrRenamed(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.ResourceChangeVisitor.visit(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:68)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:77)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.ResourceDelta.accept(ResourceDelta.java:49)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.j2eedt.core.ResourceEventProcessor.resourceChanged(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager$2.run(NotificationManager.java:283)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:615)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.notify(NotificationManager.java:277)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.NotificationManager.broadcastChanges(NotificationManager.java:151)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.broadcastChanges(AutoBuildJob.java:78)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:153)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:212)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:66)

– System Setup ——————————-
    Operating System and version: Debian Linux (Sarge)
    Eclipse version: 3.0.0
    Eclipse build id: 200406251208
    Fresh Eclipse install (y/n): y
    If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    Other installed external plugins:
    Number of plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory that begin with org.eclipse.pde.*:
    MyEclipse version: 3.8.1 w/ 3.8.1 quickfix
    Eclipse JDK version:
    Application Server JDK version:
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? Yes – log file pasted above, minus exception present whenever closing eclipse

#213294 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Are you using the Eclipse platform, JDT or SDK install?

#213304 Reply

Paul
    Participant

SDK

#213306 Reply

Riyad Kalla

If restarting Eclipse with the -clean argument doesn’t help, can you erase your <eclipse>/configuration directory, and then start Ecliopse again and re add the MyEclipse extension pointing to 3.8.1 again and see if that fixes it?

#213311 Reply

Paul
    Participant

I removed /configuration and started with -clean once again, using the normal workspace – still the same issues. Please clarify what you mean by “re add the MyEclipse extension pointing to 3.8.1” – disable and then re-enable the plugin?

#213313 Reply

Riyad Kalla

When you erase the configuration directory, it effectively “uninstalls” MyEclipse assuming you used the Help> Software Updates > Manage Configuration method of installing ME. If you are still using the /links file then it won’t effect you.

Most people are using the Manage Configuration method, so I thought I should mention that you would need to reinstall ME if you erased the /configuration dir.

I have tried multiple combinations of J2EE projects (EAP, EJB, Web, etc.) and cannot reproduce this problem. i also have the quickfix installed. I would suggest trying to redownload and reinstall MyEclipse (after uninstalling it cleanly) from a fresh download file… I don’t know what happened but it looks like something got corrupt along the way.

#213337 Reply

Paul
    Participant

I uninstalled and removed myeclipse, downloaded 3.8.1 off of your site, and installed that using the executable to a new directory location. Started eclipse, and it seems to work now.

I assume that 3.8.1 listed for download does not have the quick fix included? Thanks again.

#213340 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Correct, the quick fix you can grab here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-3513.html

It fixes mostly some hibernate and taglib resolution bugs that were effecting some people. We should have another quick fix due out before 3.8.2 as well to help even more.

#213358 Reply

Paul
    Participant

Okay – I’ve gone from the kettle, to the fire, and somehow back into the kettle. It started with me applying the quick fixes.

Just after doing that I was back to the original could not create a webproject issue. In addition, I could not open or edit any JSP files either. Attempting to do so would open a dialog box titled “Error”, with the text “Unable to create part:”. An editor window was opened, but with a blank pane that stated “An error has occurred when creating this editor”

I also got this message in the Problems box for my JSPs – “According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file, attribute value does not accept any expressions” I know this is wrong – it works (or did at least before this – haven’t bothered to try.

This is the exception that appeared in the log file when trying to open an editor.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Aug 24, 2004 16:48:11.236
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.runtime".
    !STACK 0
    An error has occurred when initializing the input for the the editor's source page.
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner.htmleditor.HTMLMultiPageEditorPart.createPages(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:187)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane$2.run(PartPane.java:137)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:615)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createChildControl(PartPane.java:133)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createControl(PartPane.java:205)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:939)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:921)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1020)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:290)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:59)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.openEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:266)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$4.run(EditorManager.java:697)
        at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:686)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openInternalEditor(EditorManager.java:782)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.access$12(EditorManager.java:766)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$9.run(EditorManager.java:951)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.busyRestoreEditor(EditorManager.java:925)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$8.run(EditorManager.java:918)
        at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreEditor(EditorManager.java:914)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreEditorState(EditorManager.java:1559)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.restoreState(EditorManager.java:877)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.restoreState(WorkbenchPage.java:2427)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(WorkbenchWindow.java:1372)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1224)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$10(Workbench.java:1185)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$13.run(Workbench.java:1096)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1029)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(WorkbenchConfigurer.java:167)
        at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:652)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:819)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1325)

I have since removed MyEclipse again though and reinstalled just 3.8.1 w/o the quick fixes, and it appears to be working, with just the “According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file…” problem persisting.

#213366 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

The quickfixes are packaged so that they are additive to what you already have installed as they’re basically cut-down versions of the full plugins containing only the descriptors and main jars so that our users on slower connections can download them easily.

When you installed the quickfix, did you unarchive them in such a way that you’d overwrite onlythose files contained in the quickfix, or such that the quickfix files would replace everything in each of the included plugin directories completely?

From the description of your error I’d assume the latter since it looks like none of the standard utility jars were available after you applied the fix, so a complete overwrite seems likely. I know in the Windows Explorer and with WinZip, addition / modification is the default, but this can change from platform to platform and with the use of other archiving tools.

#213381 Reply

Paul
    Participant

Okay – I originally extracted the quickfix into it’s seven separate directories – and copied those directories over what already existed inside the myeclipse/plugins directory. I originally interpreted this line in the quickfix install notes, the last three words especially, as instructions to do that.

To install it, exit Eclipse and unzip the quick fix archive directly into <myeclipse-inst-dir>/eclipse/plugins and overwrite all files.

Thanks though, I’ll try this out.

#213389 Reply

Paul
    Participant

The quick fix is applied w/o breaking anything, thanks for the help. I still have the TLD thing, but I’ll worry about that if it’s still occuring after the next quickfix or release. Thanks again.

#213405 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

We appreciate the followup and I’ll update the quick fix install steps to be *much* more clear about this. The TLD error should go away when you revalidate your projects.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: QuickFix installation issue? [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in