facebook

"No setter found" [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dfini

I am using elipse for a while now and have experiences different problem.

I am using the bean function in my jsp pages. The names of the property in my class are the same as the control (textbox) I am using in my jsp pages. The information inserted through a textbox is passed to another jsp pages by keeping the same name and using the jsp set property. However for no reason some attribute work well and some not and I get the error message : No setter found” and the name of the class. But in my class the set property is there and there is no difference between the one that works and the one that’s not working.

Have any idea???

#206539 Reply

Riyad Kalla

dfini, we need some more information from you. Please reply to this post by clicking the “Post Reply” button below and hitting the “Insert” button, then answer all the questions.

Also please let us know what JDK version you are using, what App Server and version you are using. Also please provide snippets of your CLASS file that isn’t working and your JSP file and any other pertinant information. Without that information its really hard for us to run down the problem you are seeing.

#206545 Reply

dfini

j2sdk 1.4.2_04
    eclipse version 2.1

code in my class is:
    public void setResDay(String value) {
    resday=value;
    }

In my jsp page is

<jsp:useBean id=”loadreserv” class=”roomres.ReservationBean” scope=”session”/>
    <jsp:setProperty name=”loadreserv” property=”*”/>
    <td align = “center”><input type=”textbox” name=”resday” VALUE=”” maxlength=”2″ size=”1″ ></td>

This is part of my code. Is there any naming convention rule regarding bean?? I found that my set property name is setResDay and eclips is looking for setResday????

#206548 Reply

Riyad Kalla

try changing the intput’s name attribute from “resday” to “resDay”.

I know in struts that if you have getter/setter methods like “getResDay” and “setResDay” that means your taglib would look something like this:
    <bean:write name=”loadreserv” property=”resDay” />

Although I haven’t done much with straight jsp: taglibs before.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: "No setter found" [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in