facebook

"Please select another location…" error message

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

andyman32

Hi, I’ve been using MyEclipse for a year and a half and never had any trouble installing, so I’m not even quite sure where to start. I’m attempting to install the full stack on a new development machine w/ XP Home and keep getting an InstallAnywhere prompt at the end of the extraction phase, “Please select another location to extract the installer to. Choose, Cancel.” Choosing any other location just generates the same results, cancel erases the extracted files and closes the installer process.

This is version 5.1GA for Eclipse 3.2. The computer has plenty of free drive space (~45gb). The account I’m using to install is the super-user administrative account. I’m really just not sure what else to try here.

(sorry for the duplicate topic; I just found the ‘Install Anywhere error’ thread after I posted this.)

TIA –

Andy

#263917 Reply

andyman32

Solved.

The original d/l must have gotten corrupted when I was migrating all my files onto a new RAID5 fileserver, which was somewhat unstable for the first few weeks. Then, the two times I attempted HTTP download off the website, must have just had a bad checksum.

I d/led using bittorrent w/ Azureus client, which can be configured to conduct a checksum on the d/led file(s) automatically. It did have to cycle few a few times to finish the torrent. This means the initial download lost some data.

That’s all there was to this problem… corrupt download.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: "Please select another location…" error message

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in