facebook

"query parameters" not working

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Support,
    I can’t use the Query Parameters window, when open my hibernate query document, and click on the :p symbol, just nothing happens.
    Additonal, the properties view only shows me the Hibernate Query when i click on a qery result-line, perhaps the two problems are related?

yours,
    OH

#271008 Reply

Brian Fernandes

OH,

The 😛 symbol will only pick out parameters already present in your query. For instance, you would need to type

from Table where id = :param

and then press that button, param would be picked up.

Additionally, the properties view only shows me the Hibernate Query when i click on a qery result-line, perhaps the two problems are related?

I assume you’re talking about Query results in the Properties view? This is the intended behavior as your query could have many results, so it would show you the actual properties only of the result you select. Perhaps I have misunderstood your requirement, if so, please elaborate.

Hope this helps.

#271018 Reply

Hello Brian,
    thanks for the info, I’ll try the param thing.

I assume you’re talking about Query results in the Properties view? This is the intended behavior as your query could have many results, so it would show you the actual properties only of the result you select. Perhaps I have misunderstood your requirement, if so, please elaborate.

Hope this helps.

I know that there are multiple results, what i meant was, clicking on one of the results should show the objectproperties of it, but propertiesview only shows me the query and the objecttype.

OH

#271019 Reply

Brian Fernandes

OH,

What you see in the properties view is a function the query you execute, could you tell me what query you are executing?

Could you also try a simpler query like “from TableName where id = 5” or just “from TableName” and try selecting those results so we know what’s going on?

#271020 Reply

@Support-Brian wrote:

OH,

What you see in the properties view is a function the query you execute, could you tell me what query you are executing?

Could you also try a simpler query like “from TableName where id = 5” or just “from TableName” and try selecting those results so we know what’s going on?

I execute “From Classname” and just try to select one.

OH

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: "query parameters" not working

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in