facebook

redeploy web app needs restart [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

rjst

Hi,

I would like to ask if the following features are implemented (I’m using jetty with myeclipse 3.8.3):

-When I change my classpath, I have to start and stop the context in the jetty UI. Is there a way to make myeclipse do this by itself ?
    -when I add libraries to the classpath I have to redeploy manually

some situation when this could happen automatically (perhaps via the server’s jmx interface):

-change to classes that can’t be updated via java debugging interface
    -changes to web.xml file
    -adding jars

also redeploying has it’s own troubles, because jetty locks files.

thanks
    Ricardo

#222780 Reply

Riyad Kalla

-When I change my classpath, I have to start and stop the context in the jetty UI. Is there a way to make myeclipse do this by itself ?

Not currently, we try to avoid any application-server specific code within ME because we support so many application servers and each one can change its symantics between releases which would require a considerable development effort that would take away from the other development tools.

If you are using an exploded deployment AND Jetty supports hot deploy like Tomcat/JBoss, then as you change files they are immediately copied out to the server and reloaded; so you don’t need to ‘redeploy’ every single time.

#222785 Reply

rjst

yes, I’m doing that, but some changes take a restart of the app (not of the server), like adding jar files.

thanks for your answer, I just wanted to know if a better way existed

#224388 Reply

haobaba1

@support-rkalla wrote:

Not currently, we try to avoid any application-server specific code within ME because we support so many application servers and each one can change its symantics between releases which would require a considerable development effort that would take away from the other development tools.

If you are using an exploded deployment AND Jetty supports hot deploy like Tomcat/JBoss, then as you change files they are immediately copied out to the server and reloaded; so you don’t need to ‘redeploy’ every single time.

From what I can tell only files under the Web-Root are deployed automatically when they are saved. When ever I change a servlet or anything other class file that is not under web-root I need to redeploy inorder for it to be reloaded by jboss. This creating problems because now jboss is throwing exceptions everytime I redeploy, forcing me to restart the server.

This is the console output, the module in question does exists and is referenced properly:
    13:28:42,852 INFO [EARDeployer] Undeploying J2EE application, destroy step: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.1RC2/server/default/deploy/TATrackerEAR.ear/
    13:28:42,852 INFO [EARDeployer] Init J2EE application: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.1RC2/server/default/deploy/TATrackerEAR.ear/
    13:28:43,055 ERROR [MainDeployer] Could not initialise deployment: file:/C:/jboss-4.0.1RC2/server/default/deploy/TATrackerEAR.ear/
    org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: url file:/C:/jboss-4.0.1RC2/server/default/deploy/TATrackerEAR.ear/MigrationWAR.war could not be opened, does it exist?
    at org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentInfo.<init>(DeploymentInfo.java:175)
    at org.jboss.deployment.EARDeployer.init(EARDeployer.java:236)
    at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.init(MainDeployer.java:828)
    at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:765)
    at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:738)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor44.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:144)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80)
    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:122)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:74)
    at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:131)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:74)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:249)
    at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:642)
    at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:175)
    at $Proxy8.deploy(Unknown Source)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymentScanner.java:305)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentScanner.java:463)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:204)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.loop(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:215)
    at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.run(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:194)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: redeploy web app needs restart [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in