facebook

refactoring does not alter the config files

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Werner Punz

Refactoring->move/rename on classes does not seem to alter the affected config files. Here is a case to reproduce the problem
    I have a webapp, created a servlet, the servlet entry was added to the web.xml correctly, now I did a refactor->move of the servlet into a different package and voila, the new path was not changed in the web.xml.

I assume it is the same with the hibernate config files.

The MyEclipse version I use is 3.8.4 on 3.1m7 but I assume it is the same on eclipse 3.0.

#230228 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This is a known limitation, we have not extended the refactoring facilities (yet) to include processing of configuration or web files, sorry for the inconvenience.

#267339 Reply

Anil Gothal

I am getting following error for refactoring package for rename.

“End position lies outside document range” ????

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,
    Anil G

@support-rkalla wrote:

This is a known limitation, we have not extended the refactoring facilities (yet) to include processing of configuration or web files, sorry for the inconvenience.

#267343 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Anil,
    Not sure what the error is relating to… try and close all your editors and Refresh your project from the root, then clean it and try the refactor again. I wonder if your files may be out of sync and when it tries to refactor a name in one of the XML or Properties files, if the *Actual* file is of different size than the workbench thinks it is.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: refactoring does not alter the config files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in