facebook

Reference File in Chat Panel shortcut

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thinky
    Participant

Hello,

First of all, thank you for proposing the integration of Copilot into Eclipse. It’s an excellent idea that the community needed.

I am using your new chat functionality and I particularly like the feature that allows adding a file to the chat context by right-clicking on the file being edited and then clicking “Reference file in chat panel”. However, I would like to bind this shortcut to a specific key to make it more accessible. I went to “Keys” and found a functionality called “Link a file” which is, I believe, by default bound to “CTRL + 0”, but when I click on it, nothing happens.

Could you please tell me if it is possible to link a file to the chat context via a keyboard shortcut?

Thank you for your help!

#701329 Reply

wayne

@Thinky
    I don’t believe it is possible with the current configuration of Copilot4Eclipse Chat commands. But I think this is a good idea and will make the changes to support customization in the next Copilot4Eclipse update. If you would like to try a dev build I can make the change sooner than later and let you test drive it (maybe as soon as next week). If yes, send me a note to support@genuitec.com.

Regards,
    Wayne

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by wayne.
    #701375 Reply

Thinky
    Participant

@wayne, thank you for your prompt response. I appreciate the opportunity to test drive the dev build. I will send you a note shortly to support@genuitec.com to express my interest.

Best regards

#701562 Reply

wayne

Thanks for bringing this topic to our attention. Please see the new Copilot4Eclipse v1.2.1 update that exposes the Chat commands for use in custom keybindings.

We hope to introduce keybindings in the next update.

Wayne

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by wayne.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reference File in Chat Panel shortcut

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in