facebook

Retrieving your private key on IOS via Windows

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

letsbfrank

Hello, I am a member of the apple developer program, I have an app ready to upload to the app store. I managed to upload the csr file via windows in order to have a valid certificate. Using command prompt
    I am in the process of creating the app ready for upload in the app store. When using mobi one. It asks for the certificate when setting up, then a private key file and provision profile file.

I have the certificate but i am unable to locate my private key file ready for upload on mobi one. After doing some research I think i am supposed to you something call xcode. Which doesn’t work on windows.

Q.basically , is there a way of me finding and locating my private key and using this file ready for upload?

Q. I guess my next question would be , Would i find my ‘Provision Profile File’ in the same way?

Thanks for your help

#343524 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

This may help with the certificate, private key and profiles

http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/docs/appledigitalsignature/appledigitalsignature.html

You have to create the provisioning profile yourself to build the app.

#343572 Reply

letsbfrank

Thanks that all worked great.
    The only problem I am having is with the build process with mobione app builder. I have all the files ready for the process. Although I keep getting the same message over and over again. Certificate and profile key do not match!
    Even after trying to change the name in the fields when downloading the private key via the following http://mobionesigning.appspot.com/signing/
    When going in to the build process, it doesn’t allow me to go to the next step. As they don’t match. I am doing something wrong?

Thanks for all your help.

#343591 Reply

Hi,

The wizard is identifying that you have provided a certificate (.cer) file that is not different from the certificate used to create the provision profile. My suggestion is to go back to the app dev website and download the current certificate and profile and try using them along with the private key file associate with that certificate.

#343692 Reply

letsbfrank

I am unable to find my private key file via my app store account, . Is there another way around this. Is there a file converter or something that I can simply use my cer certificate from apple and convert it to this p12 format? Which is another option when trying to build the app via mobi one.
    As I can’t even find my private key for my developer certificate or distribution certificate.

When reading up on it, It says i need to assign it a private key some how? I thought it was in the actual cer file. I don’t understand why they make this so difficult.
    Thanks again, It’s probably something so simple, I’ve read through so many aritcles, with opensll commands which have taken me to another dead end.

#343693 Reply

letsbfrank

I’m using windows vista. I’m guessing this is a lot easier if i had a mac.

#343721 Reply

Hi,

The private key is the prerequisite for creation of a certificate and profile. If you loose it then you should start over. Delete your provision profiles and revoke your certificates. Then run through the guide and this time keep your pk, and downloaded certificate and profiles all in 1 place and never loose them.

if you have issues doing this, you can use the low cost services of http://www.appstoreuploader.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Retrieving your private key on IOS via Windows

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in