facebook

Reveng – no update to persistence.xml

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kostellod

I am reverse engineering a DB2 database. In the wizard, I tell it to create an Entity Bean, and to update persistence.xml I have it create the custom reverse engineering setup file. It is to generate files for referenced and referencing tables. The classes get generated, but there are problems in persistence.xml If I run it without an existing persistence.xml, it generates it, but there is no content in the file. If I then run it again, the file has the class names in it, but nothing else.

What is happening here?

Also, is there any way to tell it to not include annotations in the generated files?

#270533 Reply

Brian Fernandes

The classes get generated, but there are problems in persistence.xml

What problems do you see exactly?

The persistence.xml file is setup during JPA/EJB project creation. Thereafter, the only changes made to this file are the addition of <class> elements to correspond to the tables reverse engineered by you.

We will be adding a special editor for the persistence.xml file in a future release which should make it easier to manage.

Also, is there any way to tell it to not include annotations in the generated files?

No, we do not generate an orm.xml file, so if you do not generate annotations, your POJOs will not be treated as entities which defeats the purpose of reverse engineering. Could tell me what you are trying to achieve here?

#274416 Reply

Does the latest version of myEclipse 6.0 support generating orm.xml during reverse engineering of database instead of Annotations in POJO Classes

#274418 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Unfortunately, generating into the orm.xml file is not supported yet. The team is working on this feature and support will be available in a future release.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reveng – no update to persistence.xml

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in