facebook

Sandbox Derby Driver — How do I get to 10.4?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

SelcoEng

I upgraded Derby from 10.3 to 10.4. I then wrote a small application to create a database using Java. I gained the connection from EmbeddedDataSource40, which appears to be new. So far, so good. I then tried to open the database using MyEclipse Database perspective. I started the Derby server, and then I tried to open the database. The derby.log contains both the message I received in the pop-up and the root cause message:

2008-06-13 22:08:52.829 GMT Thread[DRDAConnThread_3,5,main] (DATABASE = C:/Program Files/CoulTech/CoulForm/Settings/ConfigDB), (DRDAID = {1}), Failed to start database ‘C:/Program Files/CoulTech/CoulForm/Settings/ConfigDB’, see the next exception for details.

2008-06-13 22:08:52.829 GMT Thread[DRDAConnThread_3,5,main] (DATABASE = C:/Program Files/CoulTech/CoulForm/Settings/ConfigDB), (DRDAID = {1}), Database at C:\Program Files\CoulTech\CoulForm\Settings\ConfigDB has an incompatible format with the current version of the software. The database was created by or upgraded by version 10.4.

First, I made sure the Derby 10.4 Eclipse tools were installed in plug-ins. I then went into preferences, sandbox, etc. and clicked the “Upgrade Driver” button. When I created the connection, I selected the 10.4 driver.

I suspect the MyEclipse framework is using an older version of Derby (looks like maybe 10.2, from the Classic Cars connection). It sure would be nice to be able to upgrade. I may poke around and see what I find in the MyEclipse installation.

This isn’t urgent; I can roll back to 10.3, but getting locked out like that was annoying.

BTW, MyEclipse is a 10. I vote for it at every opportunity…

#285891 Reply

SelcoEng

I found that the Derby jars are located in

..\myeclipse\eclipse\plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.derby_6.0.1.zmyeclipse601200710\lib

I simply replaced the existing five jars with the 10.4 versions, and all seems well.

#285910 Reply

Loyal Water

Glad it worked. Thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Sandbox Derby Driver — How do I get to 10.4?

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in