facebook

showing DB2 schema error

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

David

I am able to open up a connection to my DB2 database and successfully run queries. However, I am not able to view any of the schemas. When Iright click a profile and edit it, then click the “next” button I select “display the selected schemas” and click the “add” button, I get an message that a connection must be opened. Clicking ok, seems to try the connection (even tho it is already established) but then I get the error message :

“unable to retrieve database metadata:
    DB2 SQL error SQLCode -1109, SQLSTATE: , SQLERRMC:
    SYSIBM.SQLTABLES”

I am using the com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver and have both the db2jcc.jar and db2jcc_license_cu.jar in the path.

I could not find this particular SQLCode in the DB2 documentation, so I would really appreciate if anyone knows why I can’t see the schema for this.

#247282 Reply

Haris Peco

sonoerin ,

Check your url specification, specially database name – I suppose that you haven’t database or perimission

Thanks

#247284 Reply

David

Here are the parameters I have:

Profile Name: TestDB
    Driver: IBM DB2 App Driver
    URL: jdbc:db2://172.23.228.21:xxxxx/VLBTEST
    Username: user
    Password: password

As I mentioned, I can open a connection and use the SQL Editor to execute sql on this database, so surely I am connected to it?

#247285 Reply

Haris Peco

sonoerin,

I suppose that you haven’t some permission – try with another username/password or make new database

Best

ps.
    what is your db2 vesrion and OS.db2jcc_license_cu.jar is for Linux and windows, you have to add other licence jar for some OSes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: showing DB2 schema error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in