facebook

Some small problems with conversion of java project to web

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gerrit Cap

I encountered some problems while converting a plain java project to a web project

a) my setup is configured such that J2ee 1.4 is selected by default
    b) I converted a plain java project to a web project using the default J2EE 1.4 setting and added struts capabilities

1st problem) when I tried to add JSTL I couldn’t choose version 1.1 as apparently my project was configured as a J2EE 1.3 compatible.

work around -> exit eclipse & manually editted .mymetadata so it says j2ee-spec=”1.4″

2nd problem) again I tried to add JSTL and now both radio buttons (version 1.0 & 1.1) were selected. Toggling around seemed to correct that. But after executing the command I got indeed 2 sets of tld’s: version 1.0 & 1.1

work around -> manually removed the 1.0 tld files

Maybe a nice featrure to add would be a preference where you could specify in what directory these tld’s should be placed. I typically put them under WEB-INF/tld and add appropriate taglib declarations in the jsp-config section of web.xml and the same for config files: put them in a config directory like struts-config.xml

#233707 Reply

Gerrit Cap

forgot to mention running milestone 2 under eclipse 3.1.0

#233742 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Gerrit,

On the first problem, this is a bug. Projects are upgraded to a web project using the 1.3 spec level, no matter what is selected. Now that you’ve found it for us, we’ll be sure it’s fixed in 4.0M3.

On the second problem, dual button selection, this was a known issue caused by a change in the way some Eclipse API’s behave in 3.1. We’ve already corrected it in our internal build so it will also be fixed in 4.0M3.

On the enhancement idea, I’d encourage you to make a separate post in the Feature Requests forum since that’s the place that our product management looks for such things.

Thanks for the feedback and for helping us isolate these problems so we can address them.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Some small problems with conversion of java project to web

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in