facebook

Some web project features that would be nice (to have) :-)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gerrit Cap

Hello,

A number of features that would be nice to have when developping a web project:

1) having an option to store all tld files in a seperate folder instead of the “root folder” of the web-app/WEB-INF, so place them in a WEB-INF/tld subdirectory

2) automaticcaly configure web.xml jsp-config entries to match the above stored tld files

3) same subdir stuff for config files like struts-config.xml in a WEB-INF/config folder

4) support for struts modules would be nice as well but I guess this has been asked for many times

Regards,

Gerrit.

#234016 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1) TLDs can be resolved from 1) The META-INF dir of any JAR in your classpath or 2) your web.xml file. If you wish to put your TLDs in a /tld dir, go ahead and do that, just update your web.xml file.

2) Every JAR we ship contains the TLDs inside of them in the META-INF directory, so there is never a need to place or use the TLDs in your app anywhere if you are just using libraries from MyEclipse. You really only need to do this when using your own custom tags.

3) Most wizards that run when you add capabilities ask you where you want to put your config file.

4) There is some confusion related to this, please define what you mean by “support”. You should be able to navigate to the workbench’s contentTypes and map your modules files to the “MyEclipse Struts Editor”, is this not working for you? Or do you want to simply skip this step by defining the module config files somewhere and having ME automagically know that they are Struts configs?

#234019 Reply

Gerrit Cap

1 & 2) I just created a test webproject using eclipse 3.1 and myeclipseide 4M2 and I got a bunch of tld files in my WEB-INF directory, adding struts capabilitities to this adds another set of tld files in the web-inf directory so now I have 21 files in the web-inf: 20 tld files and web.xml. The web.xml file is difficult to find which it would not be if the tld files being created would be in a specific sub dir of WEB-INF

3) oops didn’t notice that you are absolutely right

4) by “support” i mean having an easy way to add new modules by using a menu “Add new Struts Module”… Also having similar support for tiles and the struts validation mechanisme would be nice…

#234024 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1) A blank web project doesn’t have any TLDs, if you added JSTL libs then uncheck the “Add TLD” checkbox, same goes for Struts.

4) i c, but did the mapping suggestion I gave work atleast for existing modules? I understand that the module support should be streamlined, but I definately want to make sure at the least that if the content type mappings are correct, that it will behave itself.

#234177 Reply

Gerrit Cap

1) I just created a empty webproject, selected add JSTL libs but there is no “Add TLD” checkbox than one can uncheck in 4.0M2, just the add jstl checkbox and 2 radio buttons for the version thats it… Also when creating a plain java project, web enable it, add jstl libraries again no check box to not add the tld is visible… There is a checbox install struts TLD’s when adding sturs capabilities… Its not a big thing however, one can remove or move them to another place…

4) Well the way I use modules is I put the “plain” struts config files in WEB-INF/config and for each module I create a subdirectory in that config directory and put the module’s struts-config.xml in that subdir. This seems to work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Some web project features that would be nice (to have) :-)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in